Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Logo Templet Mockup

This is a Logo Templet Mockup I put together. I enjoyed doing it and it will save a lot of time in the future. Maybe someone will find it useful.

You can use this Templet to layout your logo's in a format that I think is nice and clean. I hope you find it useful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LogoTempletB.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	126192

Download this templet.

LogotempletB.xar

Question Re: Logo Templet Mockup

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Usually, all a company or individual have to show is enough of a resemblance to imply a copy or plagiarism. And Rik and Jeff both accepted the challenge of reproducing the logo, and both were spot on. Let's leave it as that. If you want to create something original and make it available to the Xara community and is great and I am sure it would be much appreciated.
    Gary, I have totally missed something here. Rik & Jeff mocked up a XAR file of the MS Edge logo. Am I correctly? Jeff then offered up a template XAR file of the double spirals of Post#1. Did this also contain the MS Edge logo design?

Where does Fair Use come into Jeff's Post#1 image? I could barely establish its derivation from the MS Edge logo; it's better for one. Is this what you are concerned over?

Pixabay search for Microsoft or Google or WhatsApp or Instagram Stock Illustrations or most other corporate entities returns several examples.

I sold a Zippo(R) lighter once on eBay and got into an over-zealous American law firm for Zippo(R) claiming I was selling a copy and should stop and desist. It was genuine with proof of purchase and other provenance.

I have some work on the Archimedean Spiral (Area of Archimedean Spiral.xar) where I was checking how accurate Xara could be in discovering the area of the Red Bird in the Green Circle: Archimedes proved it is exactly one-third that of the circle.
    Xara's circle calculation is accurate to 1/50000 when working in millipoints; the duck is less accurate being 0.2% off.

The pattern has a passing resemblance to the MS Edge logo. Should I stop and desist?

I am genuinely confused and concerned.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, I have totally missed something here. Rik & Jeff mocked up a XAR file of the MS Edge logo. Am I correctly? Jeff then offered up a template XAR file of the double spirals of Post#1. Did this also contain the MS Edge logo design?
    Yes. Or enough of it to get in trouble if Microsoft's lawyers got wind of it. I think this is highly unlikely. But it is my decision as a moderator to err on the side of caution. You are more than welcome to bring up the matter with Barbara B if you disagree.

Thank you Gary, I understand your position better.

Luckily, Microsoft (MS) have not updated their MS Edge Usage Guidelines (https://query.prod.cms.rt.microsoft....binary/RE1q9FT) to reflect the new logo. The creation of a vector version does not fall outside of allowed use.
    It all hinges on the concept of "copy" but more on the intention of the copy. MS do suggest seeking its permission.

By morphing old into new, MS has broken its own guidelines: "alter, animate, or distort the trademarks or combine them with any other symbols". [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/lega.../general.aspx]

I am amazed I am allowed to switch on my machine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Name:	PhoenixLogoE.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	126238
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhoenixLogoD.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	126237  
    Last edited by Jeffdoute; 29 January 2020 at 12:34 AM.

Jeff - Is that your phoenix image? It's fantastic.

OMG.

That's a beauty, Jeff!

Thank you for sharing!

My Best,

Gary

Name:  X-Etch-a-Sketch.gif
Views: 472
Size:  8.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    OMG.

That's a beauty, Jeff!

Thank you for sharing!

My Best,

Gary

Name:  X-Etch-a-Sketch.gif
Views: 472
Size:  8.1 KB
    Thank you …

I'm still playing with it.

Name:	PhoenixLogoFinal.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	126249

I didn't think the OP was showing off the logo, but using premade graphics in order to set up a template of a presentation packet for potential clients. Nothing wrong here, me thinks. It looks better than a blank box that says in plain text "YOUR LOGO HERE".
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com