Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated XE

Hi,

I would like to build a javascript library which can be inserted into HTML generated by Xara Extreme. The library will extend the basic javascript library which is generated along with any HTML pages created using Xara Extreme (or web designer I guess).

The goals are to

1. Add options to animate pop-up layers
      For instance so that they fade in, slide out or... I wish to use jQuery library which is cross browser, rock solid and nice library
    2. Add standard functionality which can be used in a standard way from Xara
    3. Start to explore the HTML generated from Xara TOGETHER with other like minded persons across the web!

I wish to use standard web tools. Things like open source and web based code containers...

Please give me feed back!
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Default Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

Hi Sten,
    sounds like a very interesting idea.
    If you need any particular information on the code generated by Xtreme/WD, I'll be glad to help. I can not provide complete documentation as it would be too time consuming to create one. But I can answer any specific questions.

Also keep in mind - following versions of Xtreme/WD may generate significantly different code (both HTML and JS) so that any solutions may become incompatible.
    So don't say I didn't warn you.

Good luck!
    John.

Default Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

Great idea!
    Count me in

Quote Originally Posted by ab29 View Post
    Is not the focus to generate a code which is W3C compliant, which means: moving towards XHTML strict compatibility up to XHTML 5 ?
    Okay, please hold your horses This idea has it focus on being (for starters at least!) a javascript library which will extend the javascript code which is used by any HTML site generated using Xara Extreme and Xara Webdesigner. The HTML generated by XE and XWD is not the focus.

What I see is the option to add visual effects, so that for instance when you see a pop-up layer it will fade in, slide out for instance. Other ideas would be to build a library of elements which could be inserted using the placeholder. You may call them widgets

Soon I will return with more information. I expect to work across the net, and would like to use free online services to hold the project. More later...
    You can e-mail me if you like at: netsi1964THIS SHOULD BE REMOVED@gmail.com
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Indeed.
    I suggest moderators can remove the off topic messages from this thread. Alternatively, they could be moved to the new thread.
    I hope this thread have interesting and fruitful continuation.
    John.

OT posts re W3C compliancy query from ab29 have been moved to new thread here

Thumbs up Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

In XHTML strict, for a W3C validation, please put your javascript code between:

PHP Code:
    <!--  

and

--> 

Good idea!!!

Post Re: Anyone interested in joining af project: jQuery integration with HTML generated X

Well, considering jquery libraries, one nice implementation is called Qtip. This is a tooltip plugin highly customizable and so which needs a few time for grasping all the possibilities, but one can find some of the main examples on the site of the author.

Quote Originally Posted by ab29 View Post
    Well, considering jquery libraries, one nice implementation is called Qtip.
    I think this particular implementation can be achieved easily with Xara without JQuery. But thanks for the first suggestion.