Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Update Service - Annoyance

just to say if you have a third-party firewall it may not allow you to do this, depending on settings; you may need to approach this directly in that software

I just block the program access to the internet completely - then allow briefly on the rare occasion I need any online resource, [I don't do websites or cloud]; and when the program needs to check activation once in a while [three months as I recall]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I just block the program access to the internet completely - then allow briefly on the rare occasion I need any online resource, [I don't do websites or cloud]; ]
    The reason I do the specific IP address block is because I do use DPX for websites. Therefore blocking program access to the entire entire internet prevents any FTP upload. The IP address block is specifically blocking access to the specific server that DPX16 (and maybe 17) checks for the update.

Personally, I would not worry about using a third party firewall as the Windows 10 firewall has, more most people, come of age.

I prefer a third party firewall that is easy to understand and set up the way i want it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...