Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
The HS language should be the same as the language of the WD (or DP) you are using. So if you have a French WD, you should get a French HS on export.
doesn't help if, like me, you design in multiple languages

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
I don't know what workarounds you are using but a while ago I prepared some language tweaks for the Highslide slideshows.
the problem with using tweaks is that you risk overwriting your hs file every time you make a change and export your html, so i have my own placeholder in the head which blocks the xara generated headers, inserts my own which include a different location for the hs file (also allows me to include my own charset), a location that isn't overwritten when you export. works fine with php, and probably with for the same reason ssi but haven't tried with plain html, although i don't see why not using comments, dunno haven't tried

but what would be nice would be if somebody could simply provide the dll with the french copy and any other language people want it in (yeah i can see the devs saying 'as if we havent got anything better to do)

what would be even nicer would be a way to switch languages within xara, telling it which dll to use or maybe use the same dll and just pull the language stuff from x number of different files in a lang subdirectory, must be plenty of ways to do it, where there's a will there's always a way