Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara 11 to web designer pro 365

If I was to setup all my pages and layouts with features in xara 11, graphics and text and import them into web designer pro 365, would this be a bullet proof way to not have any problems with importing? If so what format do I say the work in xara pro 11?

Default Re: Xara 11 to web designer pro 365

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    If I was to setup all my pages and layouts with features in xara 11, graphics and text and import them into web designer pro 365, would this be a bullet proof way to not have any problems with importing? If so what format do I say the work in xara pro 11?
    Save as XAR or WEB and open in 365. Nothing else needed unless you embed the Publish path in your files.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn.

Thanks Acorn.
    Just to confirm the products you have are Xara Web Designer 11 Premium and Xara Designer (365) Premium (v15).

You mentioned "Pro", which only applies to Xara Designer Pro X365 and Xara Desiner Pro X. Three is no "web" product that has "Pro".

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No! I have Graphic Designer 11 Premium and Xara Designer (365) Premium (v15).

I wish they would rename everything from scratch, too complicated.

No! I have Graphic Designer 11 Premium and Xara Designer (365) Premium (v15).
    I wish they would rename everything from scratch, too complicated.
    Xara Designer (365) Premium (v15) is a superset of Graphic Designer 11 Premium so you will be fine.

Acorn

I'm confused: I never heard of Xara Designer Premium or of Xara Graphic Designer 11 Premium. This name thing with Xara's software is a mystery...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I'm confused: I never heard of Xara Designer Premium or of Xara Graphic Designer 11 Premium. This name thing with Xara's software is a mystery...
    Sorry, I meant Xara Web Designer (365) Premium (v15) and Photo & Graphic Designer 11.

Pro refers to the top product, Xara Designer Pro.
    Premium is for the Web cut-down version.
    There is then Photo & Graphic Designer 11; no Pro, no Premium. This is the earlier Photo & Graphic Designer 365 (12.5.1).

Xara cannot refer to its own products consistently so little hope for us, including Wikipedia.

Acorn

Photo & Graphic Designer 11

Thanks for clarifying that, Acorn! Now I can go to bed with a clear head.

Sorry i should be here. but how do i start a new thread. i'm going round in circles..