Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Cloud has almost no basic tutorial pages ....

... nor basic how to videos.

I have access to Xara Cloud because I purchased Xara Pro+ but Xara Cloud leaves me clueless. Okay I'm in my mid 70's but I can't find anything like an 'Idiots guide to Xara Cloud'.

Even the interface is confusing. Is it just the early stages of Alzheimer's or can anyone make sense of this page for example? Is it referring to Xara Cloud or Xara Designer+?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara Cloud has almost no basic tutorial pages ....

Both products but in slightly different ways?

Because I do not collaborate, and I am basically not a team player, I don't use the cloud-based services.

I like the concept for those who need to work with others. But I haven't a clue how the cloud-based part works.

Xara does have a "webinar" coming up and maybe that will make things more clear? It's tomorrow 26 October.

there are various level of collaboration...

if there is one [set of] office documents and lots of people have input and involvement at the same time, then cloud is a great resource

if on the other hand you have lots of creative people but each has a very different job to do, then it might perhaps provide a vehicle for informing progress in a 'screen-shot' sense but I'm not sure it would help in any other way, as you cannot demonstrate what you actually did in a XAR file because the features in cloud are so limited relative

I have no use for it myself

The page you linked egg is indicative - the thrust of xara gmbh now is all about enabling office to brand [with websites, documents etc] and interface with social media; social media is possibly where you might find what you are looking for I don't know
    Last edited by handrawn; 26 October 2021 at 08:38 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks peeps. It's like learning to use Xara without the help files nor TG. I'm trying out the social network post to Facebook.
    I get to this page which states I have no profiles.
    But I'm buggered if I can find how I can set up such profiles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	130911  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

no real idea sorry - I visit facebook for reference, but I don't 'use it' - only social media i use actively is twitter
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    ... nor basic how to videos.

I have access to Xara Cloud because I purchased Xara Pro+ but Xara Cloud leaves me clueless. Okay I'm in my mid 70's but I can't find anything like an 'Idiots guide to Xara Cloud'.

Even the interface is confusing. Is it just the early stages of Alzheimer's or can anyone make sense of this page for example? Is it referring to Xara Cloud or Xara Designer+?
    Cloud resources:
    https://docs.xara.com/en/
    https://www.xara.com/learn/video-library/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/XaraVideo/playlists
    plus there is a chat button in product to ask questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks peeps. It's like learning to use Xara without the help files nor TG. I'm trying out the social network post to Facebook.
    I get to this page which states I have no profiles.
    But I'm buggered if I can find how I can set up such profiles.
    The right side highlights what type of profiles you can connect. Click the button to connect. Once connected, it will show under the connected profiles section.

Thanks for the reply. However if I click Page or Group button on the Facebook section all that happens is a rotating loader icon appears for approx 1 to 2 seconds then nothing else.
    Egg

If only the pdf's were updates

Not even getting to that page now, just get a little Wasp for a few seconds Then that window remains blank. See video
    Egg