Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Updated Xara - problem with navigation bar

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    I have 16.1 and this is what works for me.
    a. Make Text
    b. Make Box
    c. Group Both
    d. Select Web Properties, Image, One Image
    e. Link Group
    f. Copy Group to Mouse Over
    g. Edit Mouse Over
    h. Soft Group Both Layers
    i. Complete Bar with Nav Menu
    j. Test

My conclusion was that it mattered when you select as one image. This checklist has helped me. Hope it helps others.
    Thanks Dan, similar to my approach in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...640#post606640, where I included a step to ensure transparency with the PNG choice.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

We really need a fix from Xara on this. Hamburger menus are broken even it Xara's own templates in the Content Catalogue. Can you help, please, @Rob-Xar?

Apologies, as mentioned here, we are working on a hotfix which will be released very shortly that will revert the change for now whilst we investigate the issue and fix all the problems present.

I'll try and get the next big patch as early as possible to the beta testers to find these sort of issues as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Apologies, as mentioned here, we are working on a hotfix which will be released very shortly that will revert the change for now whilst we investigate the issue and fix all the problems present.

I'll try and get the next big patch as early as possible to the beta testers to find these sort of issues as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks mate - much appreciated! :-)

I don't know if I posted this before, but - when I made a nav bar in 16.1 the text in the menu was centered - not left adjusted.

Also I want to have Xara Designer Pro to not unused files when exporting to a web site.
    I made a site with videos and then I removed the videos from the project. Saved it as a new file name and exported it to a web site. The video files was there as well, even if they were not in the project anymore.

Why can't I find the hamburger menu in the Online Content Catalog?

Still running 16.0 and it works fine.

/Olle in snowy Sweden
    Olle Dahlquist
    Web and Graphics Designer
    Boden, Sweden
    olle@feelit.se

Rob has announced an upcoming fix for the navbars.

Your export query is related to the way Xara handles embedded videos. The video(s) is stored in a separate folder in the Xara Masters folder. It will have the same name as your project and Xara uploads all the files from said folder.
    I believe the default path is 'Pictures/Xara Masters/name of project_xar_files' If you delete the unwanted videos from there, Xara can't upload them.

garycwood84:

I have been able to successfully make a single button nav (hamburger) manually and by altering nav bars from the Content library. Is the problem with sites from previous builds or with sites originally built in 16.1? I have not tried sites from previous builds. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Is the problem with sites from previous builds or with sites originally built in 16.1? I have not tried sites from previous builds.
    Hi Dan,

The navbar I created with a previous build is broken in 16.1 -- be sure to shrink your browser window to see a variant with the hamburger menu, to see the problem.

The same navbar menus are broken in the Content Gallery templates, too.

Rob from Xara posted earlier that they are working on a hotfix and aiming to release it this week.

Cheers,
    Gary