Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Design lost

Default Design lost

The website (bwibizpro.com) has been up for quite a few years. Had to drop the 2nd site it was pointed to (bwibizpros.com) and in so doing I've made a mess. I haven't updated it in 5 or 6 months.

Finally got the password that was attached and uploaded the site. Lost the background color, most of the graphics and the colors, and the nav bar is now unreadable.

I have all those items and can re-do it, but want to know if there's a fix - or if I replace those things will it be right.

What did I miss ... or change when I haven't touched it?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Kitty

Default Re: Design lost

I have moved this to Xara Web Design Chat.

I'm unclear what is happening. Is it the Web Designer .web file that is corrupted or the published website?

Did you do a full upload or just an incremental upload? If an incremental, try a full upload.

Great thought - but it didn't work. I can most likely re-do it faster. Thanks for the reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Hopkins View Post
    Great thought - but it didn't work. I can most likely re-do it faster. Thanks for the reply!!
    Next! I'm re-creating the web via copy/paste. That was working until something I brought in put itself on all the pages. I can't grab it, I can't get rid of it. I looked to see if I could understand the layers, but I can't seem to grab it there either. I deleted the page I originally brought it in for, but that didn't do anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sometimes things get placed on the Page or Background layer which is locked.

Try unlocking those layers (click the lock icon in the Page & Layers gallery) and see if you can select the object. If so either cut and paste it onto the MouseOff layer.

If it is appearing on all pages and you do not want this then Cut it to the clipboard. When asked if you want to delete on all pages say Yes. Then paste the object on to the MouseOff layer.

Be sure to lock the Page and/or Background layers.

Gary, I am interested if that worked for Kitty. I will keep watching to see.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for the quick help.

I unlocked the pasteboard background and that took care of it! Very grateful for this community chat.

Because I was turning this website over to someone else, I needed to do it immediately. My workaround was to save the file with a different name. That worked as well. However, now I need to work more closely with layers. Thanks!!