Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Print a large image over multiple A4 pages

Hi,

I'd like to print a large image over multiple A4 pages in order to combine them back together on a sheet of cardboard. I could achieve this by manually slicingthe image up in Xara and pasting acoss multiple pages but is there a better way of doing this? I'm using Desinger Pro V16.

Thanks
    Grant

Default Re: Print a large image over multiple A4 pages

Quote Originally Posted by gpholman View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to print a large image over multiple A4 pages in order to combine them back together on a sheet of cardboard. I could achieve this by manually slicingthe image up in Xara and pasting acoss multiple pages but is there a better way of doing this? I'm using Desinger Pro V16.

Thanks
    If you also use Corel Draw, it has a function for this. also with overlapping and so on ...

reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Hi rsrsrs, thanks for the tip but I only have Xara.
    Grant

Have a look at this Grant, it may help:
    LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Cheers Egg, that looks the ticket.
    Grant

I print to PDF and use the Adobe Acrobat printer. It has this feature.

I create maps that are sliced into multiple pieces so they can be printed large format across multiple sheets of paper - I think that's what you're asking.

I do it in several ways. I will design a map at varying dimensions from 18 x 24 inches, 24 x 36 inches, even 72 x 72 inches. I set Snap to Grid, then create squares or rectangles in the print size I need, give it a color, then apply a Stain Glass Window transparency so I can see through the shape and the map behind it. I create multiple pieces at the size I intend to print, then line it up using Snap to Grid, as stain glass transparent shapes, so I can insure there is no overlap or gaps between slices. Once the image is fully sliced. I export each slice individually as a selected JPG. Now I can send each slice one at a time to the printer to print. Once I cut off the unprinted areas, I can line the maps up at full size once again.

If you convert your file into a PDF, you can use Poster Razor, which is a free program that will automatically slice your image into multiple pieces. You can even print with an overlap area, so you can overlap printed pieces for more accurate line up in the final.