Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default v15 update service expired

I recently (PURCHASED AGAIN) Xara Photo and Graphics Designer V15.1.0 .5360 and I get a message that my update service expired. Anyone have a clue as why?
    I called MAGIX US and got nowhere. Got an email from them saying they want me to send a copy of my check to show I paid for it, COMMON, I paid for it already, I don't need this hassle over and over, I have enough problems as it is.
    v12.3.46908 no problems.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: v15 update service expired

Stupid question, but why did you purchase it again?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Good question, answer is I seem to be getting stupid in my old age. Actually I thought at the time that I wanted to upgrade to v15 and all I could find was a purchase link not a trial so I could enter my serial no.and the update service expiration worried me.

Anyway call me a dummy cause I sure seem to be getting that way.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quite a few others (including me) made the same mistake because MagiXara didn't clearly explain how to upgrade and how to update. Since then, the company made some changes that clarified the process, so you're not to blame, Larry.

Hopefully one of the Xara staff visiting this forum can help you sort out this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Good question, answer is I seem to be getting stupid in my old age. Actually I thought at the time that I wanted to upgrade to v15 and all I could find was a purchase link not a trial so I could enter my serial no.and the update service expiration worried me.

Anyway call me a dummy cause I sure seem to be getting that way.
    You are not alone - I made the same error