Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Two navigations bar on the same page

Hi Xara webbuilder,

I want two nav bar on the same page but surprise, the mouse over work on the second bar also on the first
    At the beginning I think it's because I clone the nav bar before modifying it but it's the same way with a new and different nav bar from the content catalog.
    How can I disabling the link of the two bar, I tried to create a new layers mouse over but that's don't work.

I want a primary nav bar alone in the first page (home, about us, contact) and in the inside pages the primary bar and a bar with all next pages with sub-menus.

Default Re: Two navigations bar on the same page

I am not sure what you want to do.

Can you post an example? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Hi Gary, would you said I speak english badly ?

Yes my english is approximate and is more simple with pictures, thank you for your answer.

See this image, the highlight is normal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-06-28 14-35-29.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	127285

And this, is abnormal, the button "accueil" is also highlight

Name:	2020-010.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	127286

Your English is better than my French.

The current page, in this case your home page, is shown with the MouseOver state, highlighted. This is the default for all Xara Nav Bars.

Go to the next page and then that page will be highlighted.

You can create a third layer (above the MouseOff and MouseOver layers) and name it MouseDown. Create a new button for this button state. The image on MouseDown will not show the current page, but it will be different from the MouseOver button.

This example shows menus I made using layers http://gwpriester.com/layer-menu/index.html

Thank Gary, the problem is not link to the number of page I think.
    Here we are in page four, so when I touch the button "Accueil" is highlight, normal if I want go to home page, so all it's ok.
    But when I touch the button "spectacles & visuels", the second page of the site and sub folder, the button highlight, normal work, but the "Accueil" button is also highlight, abnormal.
    Same thing with the next button, "button texte 2", if i touch, is higlight, normal but the button "qui sommes nous ?" also highlight, abnormal.

If I erase the button "spectacle & visuels" and touch the new first button, "button text 2" the button "Accueil" also highlight.

I tried to rename the seond bar, no result, so I'm affraid is not possible to put two nav bar in a same page and I can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Thank Gary, the problem is not link to the number of page I think.
    Here we are in page four, so when I touch the button "Accueil" is highlight, normal if I want go to home page, so all it's ok.
    But when I touch the button "spectacles & visuels", the second page of the site and sub folder, the button highlight, normal work but the "Accueil" button is also highlight, abnormal.
    Same thing with the next button, "button texte 2", if i touch, is higlight, normal but the button "qui sommes nous ?" also highlight, abnormal.

If I erase the button "spetacle & visuels" and touch the new first button, "button text 2" the button "Accueil" also highlight.

I tried to rename the seond bar, no result, so I'm affraid is not possible to put two nav bar in a same page and can't understand why.
    It looks like what you are trying to achieve with a main and secondary NavBar is to avoid showing the MouseOver button state of the page you are on (in the main NavBar). You can achieve this using the third mouse state, MouseDown. You make the MouseOff and MouseDown the same. When you do, this is the image you see:

Name:	MouseOff_MouseOver_MouseDown.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	127290

In your example, you have a MouseOver on the secondary NavBar, but this will not change the MouseDown status of your first button until you select one of the submenu items.

Example attached.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gary, thank for your answer and I will try this third layer.

But I don't know if I explained my issue with enought clarity. So after the pictures, now the video because it's better

You can see the higlight on the first nav bar, all it's ok.
    But the second bar is not separate, I doesn't want highlights on the first bar, just in second bar.
    So I'm not sure your solution solve the problem but before say that I will try.

https://www.4shared.com/video/7lJT6z...-17-59-20.html

Perhaps you must donwload the file, very small, 330ko

Gary, I think I understand something.

All navigation bar are for entire site and must beginning with a link for the first page, it's right ?

I want the second bar beginning from the second page and independently from the meta nav bar, it's possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lylo View Post
    Gary, I think I understand something.

All navigation bar are for entire site and must beginning with a link for the first page, it's right ?

I want the second bar beginning from the second page and independently from the meta nav bar, it's possible ?
    Where this is your main website, I would usually expect to see the first page with a filename "index". Where you a have Navbar (or individual buttons), in most cases, they would appear on all your active pages.

In your example, I think I understand you want your secondary NavBar to start from the second page. In the Example 2 (attached), I have just deleted the secondary Navbar from the first page ONLY, but left the main Navbar with its three states.

This may not be exactly what you want achieve, but let's see if we are getting close?
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is necessary to understand how the Xara NavBar actually functions.

For your secondary NavBar
    Concept - Just ensure you untick Navigation Bar Properties > Site Navigation Bar. You then add in what you want.

Approach
    Let's say you add a secondary NavBar that Repeats on all pages, less the couple you delete it from.
    Tick Site Navigation and press OK in its Properties and all pages will be added (in sequence).
    Now untick it and also untick Button Order.
    Move the required button links around to suit the order you want and delete those you don't need.
    Click OK.

For your primary NavBar
    Concept - You can add any text and any link (type) to a button in a NavBar. This includes a nothing event.

Approach
    Having Repeated it across all pages, stop Repeating.
    Now enter the Page NavBar Properties and if that page has a secondary NavBar, set the Link URL to Do Nothing and click OK. If you choose set the Link URL to the filename instead: myNicePage.htm (different to Page x (myNicePage) [Main] ).
    When clicking the Page link from elsewhere, the Page opens but its primary NavBar no longer shows that page has been selected.
    Hovers and sub-menus will still function.

Do note that one should set the top menu buttons URLs to Do Nothing anyhow as otherwise the Xara NavBar fails in touch devices.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat