Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cheers, but isn't it sad that we have a great product ruining by blinkered vision and poor design specification.

Variants are great but a solution this is behind the curve ...
    Acorn
    You are correct. If they want to stay in the web development world they need to make some changes. But I don't believe they want to spend any effort on anything other than the cloud. The desktop products are cash cows and they will ride them till they completely die. Luckily Designer Pro X without new enhancements or the worthless update service still work fine for my needs. I will use it till Windows updates break it.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    You are correct. If they want to stay in the web development world they need to make some changes. But I don't believe they want to spend any effort on anything other than the cloud. The desktop products are cash cows and they will ride them till they completely die. Luckily Designer Pro X without new enhancements or the worthless update service still work fine for my needs. I will use it till Windows updates break it.
    hahahahahahahaha! Reminds me of a program called The Print Shop - still around but my version 23 is 1,000x better than their current boring version. I get errors all the time trying to run it from windows saying it will not work properly. Luckily it still does open if I run as admin and not all features of it work but most do and I still use it. I know one day tho windows will just fail to open it lol

Info Re: Please show me a great webpage made with xara.

Here's something to keep you amused and entertained:

It would appear 5-6 pages to a site the the standard coin...

Perhaps Xara Desktop application designers do upgrade and refresh their sites.

Most sites appear not to have SSH (just http://) so I might assume personal, hobby and community sites.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's mine with a few of Acorn's tricks and specials included https://initiostar.co.uk/

still a work in progress but pretty nice if I do not sayso myself...

https://steampunkdelta8.com

Quote Originally Posted by drtechnology View Post
    still a work in progress but pretty nice if I do not sayso myself...

https://steampunkdelta8.com
    Dark theme, bright, colourful buttons, great banner and Steampunk! What's not to like?

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Dark theme, bright, colourful buttons, great banner and Steampunk! What's not to like?

Very nice.
    Thanks

One thing that gets me with Xara, even tho I am a Pro at web design (Think used to use Dreamweaver and notepad plus lol) - I LOVE how it has separate mobile versions so I can fully control how the mobile looks not just code in stuff and hope mobile browsers make it look nice based on my code lol.

Quote Originally Posted by drtechnology View Post
    I LOVE how it has separate mobile versions so I can fully control how the mobile looks not just code in stuff and hope mobile browsers make it look nice based on my code lol.
    Yep. Just putting the final details to a site, and being able to make two different versions for desktop/mobile is a definite plus.

Here is still my old site build in 2016 and needs now a revision. But I like the clean design and think I stay with it. Only the content need to be renewed.
    https://medienagentur-franta.de

I like the site as well.