Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: JUST RELEASED: A New Version of Xara Designer Pro X

That's just Magix marketing, I wish I was on what they are half the time.

PGD 16 coming very soon.

For the first time ever I won't be updating/upgrading. The cost is ridiculous for what you get, even with a thrown in additional program I don't want.

Unlike previous years where I was worried about what wouldn't work any more, this time I'll just wait and see and work around any problems.

I've used Xara products since Artworks on the Acorn Archimedes but enough is enough. Another previously loyal customer bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I've used Xara products since Artworks on the Acorn Archimedes ... For the first time ever I won't be updating/upgrading.
    Hats off for lasting so long! I used to upgrade each time too, but this is only the second in the last eight or nine I've taken. Pending the outcome of my support ticket, I'll take a refund and go back a few versions again though.

Finally the time has come! This is the first more or less interesting release in recent years. It's good news. If there is a good offer, I will upgrade. The usefulness of the program, quality of service
    and the frequency of updates, I estimate at 70€. 129€ is not a lot of money too, but not an adequate price for a few improvements. We still do not know how it works.

Yesterday I watched courses in further education schools(Volkshochschule is popular schools in DE for adult, who wish to gain new elementary and advanced skills).
    Now they are teaching Adobe and Affinity. While Xara was chewing snot, Serif had "tore up" everyone with their Affinity line. Bingo!!!!

Just wondering: Is someone subscribe a xara cloud?

I just watched "Dear Xara..." The number of green bugs is impressive. I was wrong. 70€ for the upgrade is too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    ...PGD 16 coming very soon.
    Thanks Rob, that's good to hear. A few more new tools like the colour pallet thing would have been welcome, but still, nice to have an update now and then!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

That's just Magix marketing, I wish I was on what they are half the time.
    Love it Rob!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host