Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: A thought on .svg

Ahhh, so I guess what's been going through my mind is... a "poo-poo for 2"
    Ok, well..... there goes another theory out the window
    Too bad, I had thought this might be a valid thought (cuz I only get about 1 or 2 a year)

But hey, that's life in the cookie jar. And since we're all such tiny little crumbs, it just doesn't matter

Thanks for the input guys... I can always rely on you to steer me away from certain doom I was actually gonna load both xara lx & inkscape onto a spare pc and disect them completely to see if I could pull off a Frankenstien I think it may have caused me to go completely insane..... (er)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by geminiguy View Post
    ..I was actually gonna load both xara lx & inkscape onto a spare pc and disect them completely to see if I could pull off a Frankenstien I think it may have caused me to go completely insane..... (er)
    For goodness sake Paul, don't let anyone here stop you from going insane..
    Please slip into your white coat, enter your lab and experiment.. You never know what you might discover!
    IP

That's "Dr. Paul" to you

I might just do it.... what's the worst that could happen ?..... right?

right?
    IP

you have one vast shopping mall several miles long and in your hand is a list of every item for sale in that mall and where to find it

in the next town is another identical mall - but - you guessed it - all the items are in completely different places, so you have to make a list that cross references...
    - but wait, those darn store people keep moving things around so you need to... this is where it gets difficult
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

I wish that inkscape and Xara would play nice together. There are some features in Xara I like that are not in Inkscape, but I simply cannot find a file format that allows for an editable file to be shared between the two. Why is that?
    IP

PDF offers quite a lot of cross-app editing.. There are some things/effects to avoid however.
    IP

Steve the Linux version of Xtreme does not have PDF export or import.

There has been very little development on the linux version by the open source community.

The members here are users of the software and not developers. Although some developers visit from time to time.

Giminiguy may be able to provide more information. He is more familiar with happenings in the Linux area.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Steve the Linux version of Xtreme does not have PDF export or import.
    Hmmm - I thought it did when I gave it a whirl under Ubuntu about a month ago
    Unable to check as the HDD was needed so Ubuntu had to go.
    Oh well - hazy memory

Bill.... Have you spent some time in New Zealand ?
    IP