Hi MerryOtter,

it's not the question if someone is looking down on your design work or not. I don't think a customer is able to recognise the vector editor you used for your work - in the end it's just a tool.

This discussion is more about the progress of Xara Xtreme as a tool and the "feeling" of eobet that _he_ is no longer Xara Ltd.'s target audience. That you're able to find similiar statements from a lot of other members within the last five years is the really sad trend.

My point is, that I can clearly hear and are able to understand these (from fanboys so called "negative") statements from disappointed customers. Like another member has said before: It's nearly the same with Xara like with General Motors - if you're not able to hear the voices of your customers, you will end without customers.

Or with other words: Since when are customers obligated to support a company with a wrong product strategy by purchasing their upgrades?

In my eyes, the best idea would be, if Xara Ltd. would rethink the product strategy.

Remi