On Lake Couchiching near Orillia, Ontario

Default Updating to 17 problem

"It's like déjà Vu all over again!" - Yogi Berra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	127481

I (we) went through this in March with limited success. Someone suggested I try the 32 bit version and that worked, so I've avoided solving the issue by avoiding it.

Now, with some trepidation I have paid my dues and downloaded v. 17. Unfortunately, when I try to run it I get that old familiar App error notice. Since Magix no longer offers a 32-bit version, I can't go that route.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail. Fortunately, my old 32 bit version still works, so I can do my work, but I'd like to take advantage of the new features and online content.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Updating to 17 problem

Raise a Magix support ticket and hope that Rob-Xar gets flagged.

It is important to bitch openly about these problems as otherwise you, and many others, may be out of pocket.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Raise a Magix support ticket and hope that Rob-Xar gets flagged.

Acorn
    You might try logging to Magix to see what you purchased that may give you a clue.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    You might try logging to Magix to see what you purchased that may give you a clue.
    Sorry, wizard, I'm confused. I know exactly what I purchased. Renew Update Service – 1 year Xara Web Designer Premium 365

Was just a thought "confused" thought it might help but guess not
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Actually it did. I checked my account and the serial numbers don't match. I have a ticket a d am waiting for Support. Thanks for the thought.