Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Propaganda posters

Sad to see how many of these are just as relevant today. Some powerful imagery.

https://www.boredpanda.com/propagand...istoric-events

Default Re: Propaganda posters

Interesting link. #26 is my favorite (unfavorite?)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Interesting link. #26 is my favorite (unfavorite?)
    definately one of the best; and on the opposite end of the artistic spectrum I also really like #18, very minimalistic, very powerful [that's probably a pun], no caption required
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

#18 and #26 great choices.

#18 really made me stop and think about the talent of someone to come up with such a literally graphic way to illustrate the message.

#26, the old "battle-axe". I hope you've watched "Suffragette" Egg, it really makes you think about how hard they made life for those women - particularly the working-class women that supported the vote.

Sadly #1 is still so relevant.

I personally like #15 and #18
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I personally like #15 and #18
    #15 is attributed to the USSR and seems an unlikely message coming from there. A powerful poster.

not sure i would agree with that being unlikley - the USSR were no more keen on nuclear war than the west was [both sides having their idiots of course] and that's what makes deterrent work; it's when one side does not care that we are all in trouble
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    not sure i would agree with that being unlikley - the USSR were no more keen on nuclear war than the west was [both sides having their idiots of course] and that's what makes deterrent work; it's when one side does not care that we are all in trouble

I have to say I avoided watching "Dr. Strangelove" for ages and then finally ended up watching it. What a great film and fantastic performances by the cast.

In recent times Putin hasn't held back in reminding us that Russia is a nuclear power. I do remember the story of James Blunt saving us from a very dodgy situation.