Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layer hiding

Default Layer hiding

Didn't find anything about hiding (not automatic close).

I have a button and a visible layer with some graphics.
    I want to click on a button and hide this layer.
    Is there any way to do this?

Thank you!

Default Re: Layer hiding

In the Page & Layer gallery, click the eye icon next to the layer that you want to hide.

That is one way, yes.
    Forgotten to say one detail: I've rendered an HTML and wanted to hide layer by clicking on the link.

Create an object or text object on your pop-up layer.

Select the object and select the Names yellow tag icon and add the name popup:close

Close the dialog.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by ntrox View Post
    That is one way, yes.
    Forgotten to say one detail: I've rendered an HTML and wanted to hide layer by clicking on the link.
    ntrox, Xara has an undocumented feature where a Link can be used as close: popup or close: popup "layerName".

Fuller details abound: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...007#post530007.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It seems it doesn't work in XDPX15...
    popup-hide.xar

It seems it doesn't work in XDPX15...
    popup-hide.xar
    well, the document you've provided is a Print document. A web document is needed with MouseOff and MouseOver layers and the pop-up on its own layr.

Good luck,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

That is one way, yes.
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Info Re: Layer hiding

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    well, the document you've provided is a Print document. A web document is needed with MouseOff and MouseOver layers and the pop-up on its own layr.
    Good luck, Acorn
    ntrox, here is a simple step-by-step guide for you:

1. Create a web document (File > New > Web page...).
    2. Check that the Page & Layer gallery is open, if not press F10.
    3. Double-click on the index page thumbnail to expand the button bar; click the Layers button.
    4. Click the New layer button and rename the new layer as 'Pop-up'; the name is immaterial but needs to make sense to you as to its purpose.
    5. Switch to the MouseOff layer. and add a button or link with action Link > Pop-up layer: Pop-up.
    6. Preview your page, when you click this last link the Pop-up layer opens and when you click anywhere on the displayed page, or on the pop-up object(s), the layer closes.
    7. If you chose to alter the Link > Pop-up layer: Pop-up Settings (button to the right), you could untick close pop-up automatically and you then have a round black and white X on the top rightmost point of your layer's shapes that close the layer.
    8. I would soft-group them all and then add Link > Link to web: popup close or even close: popup "Pop-up". This add a hand pointer so your users knows to expect something if they were to perform a click.

Now, I use code to hide the round black and white X to prevent accidental closure of the layer. I then add a specific button with popup: close to close the layer.

There are variations, using code, to force the Pop-up layer to be already open when the page loads but I am assuming you just want the vanilla solution.

Acorn

Thank you very much for such detailed answer! I'll to work with it.
    The only question - how to gide that black circle with white X?