Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Audio Video with graphic

Just figured out an easier and different way to do it using the HTML5 <audio> tag. Incidentally, mp3 audio is supported in all browsers, wav files in all but Windows Explorer, and ogg is supported in Chrome, Firefox and Opera only.
    I drag a mp3 into the window and then I right click, Edit Widget --> Placeholder Tab open the HTML code body and edit the text as follows:

<audio autoplay><source src="index_htm_files/chalkb2b.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

Now I can see the control in the window when I'm working, but when the page loads in a browser there is no control and the audio loads with the page.

Here was how the original Xara code looked for comparison:

When autostart is chosen when it's dropped into the page:
    <audio class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/chalkb2b.mp3" controls autoplay width = "100%" height="100%"/>

And when NO autostart is chosen:
    <audio class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/chalkb2b.mp3" controls width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    Last edited by doane; 14 March 2018 at 12:29 AM. Reason: more info
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1