Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Highslide Tweaks for XWD6

I thought by Caption you meant Pop-Up Title, DOH! All working now with <head>, except that for numbering I changed "heading" to "caption" and the numbers appeared top-right
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    ... except that for numbering I changed "heading" to "caption" and the numbers appeared top-right
    If you remove the caption align tweak, the numbers will appear at the bottom (= "caption" in Highslide parlance).

Updated Tweaks per Boy's request

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...19&postcount=1

Thank you Boy, very much appreciated 'Caption' = 'Bottom' eh ... makes sense now you say it, but no wonder I can never quite fathom these things
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Folks, I must say that I'm a bit surprised that there's not more interest in the Highslide tweaks that I attached to the first post of this thread. I imagined that the ability to customize your slideshows a little bit more would be met with more curiosity than it has. Even John (covoxer) was silent .

Anyway, I prepared a few more that I zipped up and attached to this post (see enclosed ReadMe file for directions):
    HS BG Dimming Delay.xar -- allows you to set the fading speed at which the background behind the popup is being displayed (and removed when closing the popup);
    HS Image Transitions.xar -- this tweak changes the default transition between images to fast fly-ins and fly-outs;
    HS Title Position.xar -- allows you to change the position of the image title to: "above" (default), "top", "bottom" and "middle". As second value you can add "left", "right" or "center" (e.g., "top, right");
    HS Title Visible.xar -- setting the value to "false" makes the image title on the popup permanently visible;
    HS Title Visible Off.xar -- setting the value to "true" (default value) requires the cursor to be over the popup image in order for the title to be visible.

These are probably the last ones that I'll prepare, as I believe I have exhausted the available code that works in XWD6. For those who have missed them, a few days ago I also posted some language tweaks with which you can localize the control tips for the Highslide slideshow player: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44845

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I appreciate your generosity Boy Bet there'll be loads of posts requesting this info!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Even John (covoxer) was silent
    ... and that's a good sign, because if I find some issues I would let you know.
    Seems quite well done though.
    John.

Thumbs up Re: Highslide Tweaks for XWD6

Thank you Boy, for the taking the time to create these. As Covoxer says, I'm sure the silence is a good thing. No one is having problems with them.
    Peter

Hi Boy:

Thanks for these. The silence is because I'm busy designing and trying out the tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I appreciate your generosity Boy
    Thanks, John. I knew from your earlier posts that you found them useful but I appreciate that you're confirming this with your post.

Bet there'll be loads of posts requesting this info!
    And this is what I actually expected. I wasn't really fishing for compliments and such. Very nice to receive praise and appreciation but I thought that doing these tweaks would allow me to contribute something useful to this very nice community. But after a few days I saw that the .zip file had been downloaded less than a few dozen times. But maybe that's actually a lot...