Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Ha, sorry, my attempt at humour. The 'language' coders use is confusing to non native speakers. Hence the 'Codelandtic', much like Icelandic.

This script is indeed somewhat long and convoluted and not for someone who doesn't want to delve too deep.
    Ha ha, I’m definitely a non native speaker... Although I used to use Dreamweaver, that was a while ago, hence the reason I use Xara for any websites and rely on its simplicity (although one of my sites is the biggest Xara help desk have ever seen!). I definitely am not into coding js, up until now have managed with copy and paste and adjusting where necessary. I still don’t know why the jplayer demo from their website works fine but not my version, I’ve obviously missed something out in the copy and paste which didn’t affect it previously but does now. Will keep on trying to amend either the original or something else I find. Thanks for the help.
    Hilary

Info Re: Simple jukebox stopped working on iphone and ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    What do you mean, too daunting? It's just a couple of lines of text in Codelanic.
    Can you imagine opening up Notepad and thinking to yourself "I'll just knock up an audio player while the kettle boils" The code has 15354 characters in it.
    Sorry Chris, I used Notepad++.

Here is a Jukebox in 97 character per track, less the track name: JS - Simple Jukebox.xar.

My tea also went tepid.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

'Simple Jukebox'. A real native of Codeland would be horrified you applied the term 'simple' to a body of work. The whole language is based on Dr Seuss after a night out with the boys and should be completely alien to the rest of the world's population. 97 characters per track is no where near long enough, unless you are using the latest adaptation of Codelandic where it uses keystrokes not available on a qwerty keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sorry Chris, I used Notepad++.

Here is a Jukebox in 97 character per track, less the track name: JS - Simple Jukebox.xar.

My tea also went tepid.

Acorn
    Thanks, Acorn, will give it a go.

Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    Thanks, Acorn, will give it a go.

Hilary
    Works very well Acorn: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/jb/

I needed to use "void" in the playlist to make it work in Firefox javascript: void $('#player audio').attr('src', "index_htm_files/empty.mp3");

I added autoplay into the audio tag in conjunction with an empty.mp3 file - that way autoplay works immediately you hit the song.

For convenience, rather than drop the audio files into the "index htm files" I called them from my server.

e.g. javascript: void $('#player audio').attr('src', "https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Infraction_-_Aurora.mp3");

Hilary's original problem was that the current Player will no longer work with the latest version of iOS 14.4.1

I can happily report your idea does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JB2 iOS 14.1 Safari.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	129175

I used a page width of 540px, Export Options/Scale-to-fit-Width maximum 900px. This way it will work across mobile and desktop.

One question I have is the native player renders quite small as you can see; height and width don't seem to have any effect (and I removed them from the audio tag). What is the best way to increase the rendered size?

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Personally, I would bin the Xara offering and use: <audio src="index_htm_files/empty.mp3" controls autoplay "/>

Place the player on the left of page and change the container to 540 x 108px.

Next in the Page Code (head):

<style>
    #player audio {
    width: 540px;
    }
    </style>

You then get the native HTML5 player for your browser, the width of the page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Personally, I would bin the Xara offering and use: <audio src="index_htm_files/empty.mp3" controls autoplay "/>

Place the player on the left of page and change the container to 540 x 108px.

Next in the Page Code (head):

<style>
    #player audio {
    width: 540px;
    }
    </style>

You then get the native HTML5 player for your browser, the width of the page.

Acorn
    Great advice Acorn - Xara Media Player is in the bin! Had to use "audio{}" rather than "#player audio{}

Great solution for a simple player because you will always be using the browser's latest player: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Jukebox/

Name:	Jukebox iOS 14.1 Safari.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	129177

And! it works with iOS 14 - which hopefully helps the OP resolve their failing J Player.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Great advice Acorn - Xara Media Player is in the bin! Had to use "audio{}" rather than "#player audio{}
    Great solution for a simple player because you will always be using the browser's latest player: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Jukebox/

Name:	Jukebox iOS 14.1 Safari.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	129177

And! it works with iOS 14 - which hopefully helps the OP resolve their failing J Player.
    Gary
    You are welcome and thank you for building it. It really is clean, isn't it?

Acorn

You are welcome and thank you for building it. It really is clean, isn't it?

Acorn
    Very clean and easy to manage Acorn. Is it not always the case that a well thought idea with just a few lines of codes is a good starting point? I'm reminded that the foundation of the 'superslider' rests on just one line of code and last weeks 'inner zoom' does not have many more.

I had a play with one of your other creations: "JS - Alternative to Xara Audio Player.xar". It has a great hover zoom/focus on the player with a shadow background. Caution had the better of me - having strived to get the Jukebox working on iOS 14.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Very clean and easy to manage Acorn. Is it not always the case that a well thought idea with just a few lines of codes is a good starting point? I'm reminded that the foundation of the 'superslider' rests on just one line of code and last weeks 'inner zoom' does not have many more.
    I had a play with one of your other creations: "JS - Alternative to Xara Audio Player.xar". It has a great hover zoom/focus on the player with a shadow background. Caution had the better of me - having strived to get the Jukebox working on iOS 14.
    Gary
    I suppose I've always liked a challenge.

Acorn