Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default setting up domain email

Hello, please help with this - purchased Xara hosting with a domain name, how do I get set up dedicated imal, for example info@mydomain.com ?
    There is nothing on a Xara web space control panel regarding setting up e-mail.

Thank you.

Default Re: setting up domain email

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I do not think Xara has dedicated email.

I am afraid to say that Xara Online is a service run by Magix and it dos not have email, PHP, databases or anything useful.

If it is any help, I have tried a free alternative here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...269#post634269.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have both Xara Online and Magix Online. My Magix Online, purchased several years ago, came with 5 email accounts for the domain name; this is no longer offered. So, neither Xara nor Magix Online offer email addresses and webmail.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thank you for your kind contribution, will follow your advice.

investigated a bit but can someone to clarify please:

if I purchased a domain name and hosting from Xara and they do not provide e-mail for purchased package - can I set it up using 3rd party facilities?

it seems I am cooked, lust found this regarding setting up domain email if your host does not offer this -

"all you need to do is update your domain’s MX records to route your domain emails to your new email service provider."

Xara hosting does not have anything on their control panel to update domain's MX, meaning that I have to do it through non existing Magix tech support. It is such a shame to have so good graphic / web application and such a miserable support when it comes to web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Volodymyr View Post
    can I set it up using 3rd party facilities?
    in theory at least, yes, you will need to take out an email hosting package, but you will need to find one that allows you to set up your email hosting with a domain that is not registered with them, as yours is registered with magix

how committed are you to the magix hosting - it might be easier, cheaper even, to move over to a hosting company that does both and more besides
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok read your last post - if you cannot reset the MX then no you can't.. you are stuck

if it were me I would junk magix and move
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

if it were me I would junk magix and move
    Yes, I agree. You can transfer your domain name to a web host who offers a real package of web services and set up your domain email account with the new host.