Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: What is cheapest way to share the editing of Xara Designer files with Xara newbie

It does make me think how overly dependent we are on technology when the simple old ways would do just as well.

Draw the room floor plan and rectangles to scale to represent the furniture.

Print out the floor plan and print out the furniture rectangles.

Cut out the rectangles ( they will be labelled, of course) and place over the floor plan. Photograph and send a picture to the other room planner, together with a PDF of the blank floorplan and rectangles.

Play design ping-pong using pictures of your paper designs.

Default Re: What is cheapest way to share the editing of Xara Designer files with Xara newbie

i draw my roughs with a blunt 3h pencil - a blunt pencil will draw thick and thin in rough, i am not wasting time sharpening it - i can cover the wall with paper and see everything without the limitation of zoom on a monitor

like me you probably remember the days when a systems analyst would first ask 'is this a suitable task for a computer' ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

AnyDesk, TeamViewer, CloudBerry, there are others. They share screens, so two of you can fight over mouse control on one screen in real time. They're all free for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    i draw my roughs with a blunt 3h pencil - a blunt pencil will draw thick and thin in rough, i am not wasting time sharpening it - i can cover the wall with paper and see everything without the limitation of zoom on a monitor

like me you probably remember the days when a systems analyst would first ask 'is this a suitable task for a computer' ...
    Absolutely.

I haven't heard the term 'System Analyst' for a long time!

For those not familiar with the term, it was someone who looked at the 'bigger picture' but generally didn't get their hands dirty writing computer code, just told those poor coders what to do and flung a few flowcharts and diagrams their way.

All of us should look at our computer use because a lot of tasks (and this may be one of them) are best approached, initially at least, with a sheet of paper and a pencil.

... the simple old ways would do just as well.

Excellent.
    ~Fred

Smile Re: What is cheapest way to share the editing of Xara Designer files with Xara newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Absolutely.
    I haven't heard the term 'System Analyst' for a long time!
    For those not familiar with the term, it was someone who looked at the 'bigger picture' but generally didn't get their hands dirty writing computer code, just told those poor coders what to do and flung a few flowcharts and diagrams their way.
    All of us should look at our computer use because a lot of tasks (and this may be one of them) are best approached, initially at least, with a sheet of paper and a pencil.
    I am still a Systems Analyst. I could share some of the paperwork necessary for a design before a code can ever touch a byte but there are not enough trees. I worked from concept to cost to design to code to test to delivery to train to support with lots of other bits in between.

I agree that if it cannot be done by hand, it should never be coded as all you are doing is not doing it faster.

It is interesting to unpick some of the solutions so far, the main one has to be talking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

can or cannot ?

talk at least, is cheap
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    how long will it take... if less than 30 days use a trial
    No, it will be on-going for various projects.

No, I don't want to use paper. It needs to be something that both parties (who live 500 miles apart) can easily modify.

https://cloud.ixara.com does look interesting. Although it seem rather cut down. e.g. I can't see any use of layers... (??)

J