Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Facebook cover size - 1px too small?

I believe the optimal size for a Facebook cover image should be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall. The one called 'Facebook Cover' offered in the design gallery is 851 x 314 pixels.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: Facebook cover size - 1px too small?

https://www.facebook.com/CoverPhotoSize/

FB has a habit of changing things. The gallery items in Xara applications should be updated frequently...isn't that the premise?

From Facebook

Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes
    FB has a habit of changing things. The gallery items in Xara applications should be updated frequently...isn't that the premise?

Jono, go on live dangerously.
    Stretch the image the extra pixel and adjust the page height the same.
    We won't tell.

The question that should be asked of Xara is where is the smartphone Variant?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oops. I've only done groups and businesses. Group images use the dimensions at the link I gave. And those have changed over time quite frequently and can be sized for retina screens (so at 2x). Heck, there are 5 or so different cover image sizes depending on the type of group, etc.

Just looked at personal pages. These too can be larger than what will be displayed and then moved around for best positioning.

Yes, I know 1px sounds terribly picky, but I suppose I just wanted to let Xara/Magix know we do notice these little inconsistencies and care enough to point them out.

I've not been through them all, but interestingly, the one called 'businesscase_facebook_cover.xar' is actually 851x315px.

- - -
    Acorn, I do live dangerously, only yesterday I bought some of those funny sports socks that only go up to your ankles!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Hi Jonopen, thanks for reporting this issue. It has been logged for the design team.

Acorn, I do live dangerously, only yesterday I bought some of those funny sports socks that only go up to your ankles!
    That made me chuckle Jon
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host