Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Design a Logo for XaRT

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Hi chasventre, welcome to TalkGraphics, and thanks for your thoughtful submission.

It would be good if you went back to post #12 and read through some of the criteria for a good logo. You have good ideas: strong, yes, a tool that can edit the Registry without blowing up your computer is indeed a potent tool.

But I'd ask you to take a look at some of the recent submissions, forget about the horse, and just think about how to graphically convey the name, or the tool's purpose, or both, with an economy of shapes. Look at the Apple logo, for example. It's pretty darned striking but beautifully simple and part of the beauty is its simplicity.

We'll need something that works well in one color and different sizes.

I'd love to see a post here that describes what they'd like to do in words, in text, no drawing.

How would that be for a challenge? If you can describe an idea with words, how much harder is it then to draw it?

I'm just suggesting an exercise here that will force you to think about the concept of the logo before drawing it.

My Best,

Gary
    Thanks Gary,

Took your advice and added words that might work for registry tool logo are;
    1. strong
      precise
      confidence
      bold
      trustworthy
      keys to the castle
      penetrate
      multifunctional
      guards
      guided
      dependable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xart Logo 2.png 
Views:	655 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	96120  
    IP