Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Bouton's stuff, Volume 2

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I always like to see the wire frames, Gary.
    Nice work on the jug "what cha ma thingy".It has a thick, substantive look to it (hard to describe).
    It looks like it's made of material and not CG! Kind of looks porcelain...
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    It looks like it's made of material and not CG! :) Kind of looks porcelain...
    or plastic. Thanks for that! I have been using a modeling/rendering/animation package two years before Xara came around, and I discovered that working with vector shapes in Xara is not all that different than working with vector paths in a modeler. Once that's accomplish, both the art of doing, and understanding what you're doing, plastic has certain characteristics, as does shiny, metal,m so once again t's time to bitch about MAGIX torpedoing Xara Xone. I have a video tutorial on the Xara Xone page of YouTube:

If you'd like to compare a Xara shape in Preview mode to a medium difficult wireframe in a modeling/rendering software:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full-color.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	121728.

It isn't 100% intuitive to model, as it might be a lot simpler in Xara to experiment tracing over 3D extruded shapes for example. I needed 5 more sides, 5 more views to make this composition totally posable. I could also have extruded this composition to 0.0001 depth, and the wireframe would look identical to a Xara wireframe.

If you stretch your perception a little, a 3D object with no depth only has a front and a back side. A shape in Xara can be flipped—that's sort of like its back side.

My Best.

Gary

Great tutorial Gary
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary, you do the best tutorials. Just excellent.