Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Dark Brown CMYK

Hybrid View

Default Re: Dark Brown CMYK

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    Sorry. I meant as in Photoshop where I can select different profiles for specific color space. Can something Xara?
    No. That is because PS, AI, CD, PP, DP, etc., are color managed applications. Xara applicaitons have no concept of color space profiles or working spaces. Whatever it uses (maybe the OS RGB profile), it is hard-baked into the application. XDP only supports a PDF export condition.

I and maybe a few others have requested at minimum configurable color working spaces in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No. That is because PS, AI, CD, PP, DP, etc., are color managed applications. Xara applicaitons have no concept of color space profiles or working spaces. Whatever it uses (maybe the OS RGB profile), it is hard-baked into the application. XDP only supports a PDF export condition.

I and maybe a few others have requested at minimum configurable color working spaces in the past.
    A pity really. Although the software that has name Pro, can be a bit more to offer. Recent improvements as responsive web design etc. have not made me happier.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    A pity really. Although the software that has name Pro, can be a bit more to offer. Recent improvements as responsive web design etc. have not made me happier.
    You me and others.

But there are, to me, more important things I would place ahead of being color-managed if all my wishes couldn't be incorporated. Like OpenType features. I would place that above color management in my desires if I could only have one request fulfilled. Print on all plates would be another (tied to a real Registration color). And perhaps several drawing features would be above it.

Mike