Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: XWD17 - new pop-up box on Supersite exports

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    WAGI?
    My Post#8 above: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...636#post622636.

Origin: Royal Artillery officer acronym for when a numptie thought up something without establishing the consequences; invariably blowing someone up. I encountered it possibly as early as 1978 and no later than 1986.

The good ones stick.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Yes, its in the works although I can't say when. Stay tuned.
    Thanks mate! Will look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So it was a WAGI.
    When did you become so negative, Acorn?! You've always been a helpful member of this community, but recently you seem very down on Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    Thanks mate! Will look forward to it.
    When did you become so negative, Acorn?! You've always been a helpful member of this community, but recently you seem very down on Xara.
    Gary, ever since Xara foisted the Update Service on us, since my genuine reporting is the Dear Xara Forum was dismissed as too beta testery, since most of my reporting is ignored, since another two services I performed for Xara were equally passed over, since Xara invented SmartShapes without proper integration, since Xara fails to correct defects.

I don't know, perhaps it's a phase I'm going through.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

... It's a phase I'm going through.
    A bit of 10CC there Acorn. I know you feel you're banging you head against a brick wall (and you are) at least the members here appreciate your dogged efforts
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

When did you become so negative, Acorn?! You've always been a helpful member of this community, but recently you seem very down on Xara
    acorn is one of the most helpful guys here

but as far as xara goes, respect is earned; but it can also be lost;

sadly xara has lost my respect, even though the program still has some uses for me, and I understand the way the company goes

they milk the OCC that gives so little at a cost of, if you are not careful, being locked in

they release updates with bugs that should never have got through beta

they are elsewhere, their heads are in the cloud [
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    A bit of 10CC there Acorn. I know you feel you're banging you head against a brick wall (and you are) at least the members here appreciate your dogged efforts
    I recall a Doctor Who story-line where he was locked in a time loop of many "thousands" of years to fight through to a super-hard crystal wall that he struck each loop to finally break past... ...Heaven Sent (as bad as the original Groundhog Day but where DH has not prior memories).

Acorn

Yes, that about sums up our current predicament Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think this was a deliberate change. You can disable in the registry
    Really?! Now what would possess them to do this (if true) without some kind of notification/warning?

Was it just to annoy me for a week and ½? And to have me work in 17, and export in 16? Was this an April Fool's thing?

Because if so, they very much succeeded with the annoyance. Man!.... How dumb can it get?

An if it wasn't a "deliberate change", never-mind...
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

I really appreciate the help you guys give us through this forum, and am sorry that you are dissatisfied with Xara at the moment. I agree that things aren't perfect, but Xara is currently the only product of its kind on the market. Everyone else -- Adobe Muse, Serif WebPlus -- has withdrawn. So please don't be too negative: if Xara withdraws from this market too, we'll be even worse off than if we have to work around a few bugs.

a few bugs ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...