Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
so you want asymmetric [random] undualations in the line path, not in the line width...

you can take the smoothing right down to zero on the freehand tool and loosly draw [a pen would be better than a mouse] - it will not be totally random unless you are blessed/cursed with a genuinely shakey hand, but then nothing 'hand drawn' ever is truely random
Hmmm... It appears that what the Freehand tool really does is stores a very large numbers of points, irrespective of whatever the Smoothing is set to, but it then renders your line in accordance to the Smoothing. But as you imply for this to be useful you need to draw a very good line in the first place!

What I am looking for is the ability to apply a Wobble to a number of straight lines that I have already drawn.

The purpose is that when one is illustrating some shapes, sometimes one intends to communicate "roughly this sort of thing".
Now if one draws it by hand using pen and paper, then the "roughly this" message is obvious. However, if you draw a series of exactly straight lines, the implication is that you mean "exactly this".

See what I mean?

J