Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
Hello

I understand that the HiDPI version of "Xara Designer Pro+" has been released. However as a sole trader, I have no use for any of the "Cloud" stuff!

How can I get a "HiDPI" version of Xara Designer Pro that runs on my Windows 10PC, without buying any complicated subscriptions to "Xara Cloud. i.e. I have no use for "Team+" etc
To get clear, I just want to run Xara Designer Pro on my 4K screen!

With thanks

J
shipen, you wouldn't pick Team+ as a sole trader, you would pick Pro+.
The subscription model for Pro+ is not complicated.
  • Annual - (£17/m) == £204/y
  • Monthly - £23/m == (£276/y) - use this if you can develop in one-month chunks and don't mind squinting the rest of the time.

Have a read of https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...527#post623527.
If you buy in now, you get a free trial, I think 14 days with another 14 days if you ask.
Also, Xara is offering a 50% introduction during CV-19 pressures so the first annual cost is down to £102.

So keep XDPXv17 loaded as it is perpetual. Ensure it is on two machines and you have populated your local cache with Download All.
Do not pay for the Magix Upgrade Service until you need it, e.g., if it delivers the HiDPI upgrade and you are at the end of your Pro+ subscription.
Benefit from the Xara upgrades being slightly ahead of the Magix deliveries and potentially with more capability and UI improvements.
Get faster responses from Xara with its on-line Intercom Help.
Use Cloud+ > Share > Share to Web to let a client see a website on-line at no cost to you or the client: bad example - http://shared.xara.com/BiO2kkpUGB.
Introduce Client to Cloud+ by adding as a Guest to then be able to amend your design! Personally, I am considering factoring in this to my Maintenance contracts with Clients as the interaction is going to be far more effective than the current email and screenshot bounces.
This last, I asked Xara about. If you add a Member to your Team, they too can download and run two instances of Pro+. I suspect Xara is indicating this is possible under a Team+ account. A clarification here might be useful.

For for the trial period and a discounted one-year subscription, it is effectively costing you £8/m.
You would save this in two fewer shop coffees. You are less likely to need the caffeine anyhow as you can see the Xara furniture more clearly.

The only remaining issue is the size of overlap of your remaining Magix Update Service.
The more it is the more likely you have to get the HiDPI update; the less means it is going to be cheaper.
You have to decide where the sweet spot is.
I already did and bought in early.

Acorn