Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: XaraDPX 19 - paragraph color

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeremiah View Post
    I left a word out. I'm changing the paragraph background color.
    I too was referring to (Set) Paragraph Background.
    A screenshot perhaps?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by WSNetwork View Post
    But there are some bugs, wihich limitates the function.
    Greetings Werner
    Werner, your wishlist:
    1. The skew angle of horizontally and vertically skewed objects should be displayed and changeable in the info bar.It's now only horizontally displayed and will reset to 0 after a change. If I set it to 22° it should show 22°.
    2. I want to change/display the size of rounded corners (rectangle, quickshape) in units (changed in any unit anddisplayed in current unit).
    3. I want to insert the "number of pages" to set up a pagecouter like "Side 1 from 10".
    4. Multiobjekt tools like "Multi-rotation-tool" and "Multi-scale-tool". Every objekt would be separetly changed in one go.
    5. Relicate-tool (copy the selected objekt horizontally an vertically like a labels sheet).
    6. Standard vector-fill (like the Hatch-Pro-Tool from ArtWorks).
    #1. I too have asked for this.
    #2. These are currently in the range [0..1] that align with CSS border-radius. Unfortunately Xara fails here as you may discover when you add wide Line widths; Xra renders as dimensions in pixels rather than percentages and get the calculation wrong. Also reported.
    #3. Now available in XPro+ so it will get to your XDA in due course when Magix decides.
    #4. Having this would be useful.
    #5. XPro+ and possibly XDPXv19 has this with Smart Duplicate.
    #6. Again in XPro+ and XDPXv19, we have the opportunity to have the results of intersecting Shapes as SVG. Xara has yet to achieve Repeating Fills that remain as vector, from which one could build up a hatch.

The Xara approach to handling text justification is a mess.
    When you include Paragraph or Text Backgrounds, or worse Borders, the mash together highlights all the problems you have found.

Xara have to fix text handling first that works properly in PDF exports and HTML rendering.

I feel your pain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    humm - you could have run up against one of the issues mentioned, acorn is an expert here not me

if you post up a xar file that contains [just] a text box showing this behaviour we can check it
    Here's the text box in question - thanks for taking a look. I deleted some of the tabs I'm using to force the color to be full-width (the ones with full-width color still have those tabs).

temp.xar

deleted content - misposted
    Last edited by SirGeremiah; 28 May 2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: mispost

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You must be using it against a Text Line that is not covering multiple lines.

If you include your text in a Text Column or Text Area, all should work.

There is a rare, degenerate state where the text area is smaller than the font height.

Acorn
    I'm not sure I understand the second line. Are those separate containers for text (separate from the text line, which I keep referring to as a text box)?

The line of text doesn't span the entire width (and none will - as you can see in the file I later posted, each entry is a single line). My understanding from the documentation (which used a single-line paragraph, as well) was that the paragraph background should always use the full available width, rather than the width of the text.

I also don't understand the reference to the font height.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I too was referring to (Set) Paragraph Background.
    A screenshot perhaps?

Acorn
    I somehow replied that to you - it was a reply to a different post.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Sir Ger. You mentioned fill the width of the text block. I gather you want the text to change color only. After you text block is done, move off the box and click. Then re click the block and simply change the color, or select your text and apply color.

If your talking text on top of a rectangle, click the text block and change color. The text exists independently unless grouped with something.
    A screen shot would help greatly.

Welcome to TG.
    -Bill
    I left a word out. I'm changing the paragraph background color, not the color of the text.

Info Re: XaraDPX 19 - paragraph color

Quote Originally Posted by SirGeremiah View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the second line. Are those separate containers for text (separate from the text line, which I keep referring to as a text box)?
    If you select the text Tool and just click and type, you create a Text Line; the more you type, the longer it gets.

If you click and drag horizontally, you create a Text Column. This word-wraps and grows downwards.
    If you drag diagonally, you create a Text Area. Text Areas can flow over into other text areas or create new pages for your text.

The last two make use of Paragraph Backgrounds.
    The first only shows a small part under the words that is bigger than the text background when applied.

A Paragraph Background is left edge to right edge of the bounding box.
    Text background is only under what you have typed.

Yes, you are using a Text Line and Paragraph Background incorrectly.
    Use the text Tool:
    • Highlight all the text and Copy.
    • Click and drag diagonally to a similar box size of the current text. This is a Text Area.
    • Paste.
    • Job done.

Acorn

I just selected all the text and then went through the steps I posted earlier [selecting a red] and it worked:

temp with red.xar

maybe the original is a mish-mash of colourbar right clicks....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello Acorn,

#5. Smart Duplicate is a beginning but not very usable. If I could define the horizontal distance to right (+) / left (-) and the vertical distance down (+) / up (-) than its perfect.
    Now it is easier to set a distance in the properties, clone and move, clone and move and so on.

Werner