Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Please help with popup

I am going crazy trying to figure how I can have this (see below).

An image on the screen with the X in top right corner to close it. I want the image to appear first thing when the page loads and the X will close it.

I will say a prayer for wealth and fortune for anyone that can help me

Default Re: Please help with popup

2 pages may give you what you need. Easier to show than explain.

Xara Page Cover.web

Neat idea but I rather have a layer disappear. Thank you anyways.

Info Re: Please help with popup

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I am going crazy trying to figure how I can have this (see below).
    An image on the screen with the X in top right corner to close it. I want the image to appear first thing when the page loads and the X will close it.
    I will say a prayer for wealth and fortune for anyone that can help me
    I was going to offer the same as Chris. It works but all home page links then do have to be set to index-a.

I also have a version with a !splash Layer and a small piece of JavaScript.

JavaScript - auto-open Layer.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

God bless you. Your amazing. I learned something new. Wish xara would make more video tutorials.

Acorn thank you for your help, I have not done it and will pm you the link, but every time the page is refreshed or the same visitor comes back to the home page the popup appears. Usually when they close the popup window it should stay away for good for that visitor. Any help would be appreciated.

Acorn thank you for your help, I have not done it and will pm you the link, but every time the page is refreshed or the same visitor comes back to the home page the popup appears. Usually when they close the popup window it should stay away for good for that visitor. Any help would be appreciated.
    behzed, Xara-designed websites have no state; they do not remember who has done what.
    If you want the capability to hid a pop-up then you need to set up a session or other Cookie: https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_cookies.asp.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Merci Acorn. I did look outside of Xara and there are services that allow all that and tracking for popups, but they charge, something the client will not pay a monthly fee for. I guess this will do for now. Thank youuuuuuuuuu

Just out of curiosity what if people block cookies?

Just out of curiosity what if people block cookies?
    The same as if there were none. People also block JavaScript.

There comes a point when the utility offered outweighs the perceived impact on personal data.
    I try and block tracking Cookies from third parties and avoid Google searches by using DuckDuckGo. At the same time, I buy things on-line. Without enabled Cookies, I would never be able to fill a cart.

You would have to code another pop-up to ask if Cookies to allow pop-ups could be controlled through the site and you get stuck in an infinite descent.

The only Xara-way to get round this would be to enable a Supersite as then you have never left the calling page. You might still have to include a Boolean visited? variable to suppress the pop-up.

Acorn