Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

We have had nothing but a horror story trying to order 4 upgrade copies and 5 full copies of Xara X. Our purchasing procedure requires a single point source for the purchase so we cannot have each of the nine individuals login and download the appropriate copy, etc. We swapped several emails over several months with Xara sales trying to get from them the procedure for how we should order, but basically that got us nowhere. Finally, in desperation, our purchasing person bought the five-pack full copy and another full copy online (we now have the CDs), but we are still without our upgrades and we can get absolutely no help from Xara on how we can get these upgrades. I am shocked that a company like Xara would treat us this way. We are a very large U.S. federal government agency (which I told them) and I could send a lot of business their way, but you can bet I'll feel lucky just to get the handful of copies that I want.

My question - do we need unlock codes for the six full copy CDs we have that were purchased online, or can we go ahead and install them without problems?

We may decide to forgo the upgrade copies and just buy four more full copies instead since that process seems to work. If we do this, do we need to uninstall our current Xara 2.0 before installing Xara X? Will we need unlock codes for the copies of Xara X?

Thanks!

George
    gearl@home.com

We have had nothing but a horror story trying to order 4 upgrade copies and 5 full copies of Xara X. Our purchasing procedure requires a single point source for the purchase so we cannot have each of the nine individuals login and download the appropriate copy, etc. We swapped several emails over several months with Xara sales trying to get from them the procedure for how we should order, but basically that got us nowhere. Finally, in desperation, our purchasing person bought the five-pack full copy and another full copy online (we now have the CDs), but we are still without our upgrades and we can get absolutely no help from Xara on how we can get these upgrades. I am shocked that a company like Xara would treat us this way. We are a very large U.S. federal government agency (which I told them) and I could send a lot of business their way, but you can bet I'll feel lucky just to get the handful of copies that I want.

My question - do we need unlock codes for the six full copy CDs we have that were purchased online, or can we go ahead and install them without problems?

We may decide to forgo the upgrade copies and just buy four more full copies instead since that process seems to work. If we do this, do we need to uninstall our current Xara 2.0 before installing Xara X? Will we need unlock codes for the copies of Xara X?

Thanks!

George
    gearl@home.com

......This seems to be a market your after! All of use in this forum sing the praises of your product. It's over to you.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

George

I see if I can ring someones chimes over at Xara. I'm not sure about the unlock codes either.

Any Xara folks about?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Beaver It Over So Bumble...

You don't HAVE to uninstall an OLD version of Xara before installing X. I still have my copy of corelXARA with X on my computer

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

First I am surprised to hear that you have not had better support from Xara. They should answer all of your questions and help you to get the products working. If you have new CDs then they should have come with an unlock code. When I ordered the upgrade the CD had the unlock code or serial number with it. You can keep CorelXara 2 on the computer as Steve has said. I have Xara webster , CorelXara 2 and Xara X on my computer.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

"we are a very large U.S. federal government agency"

Would that perchance be the IRS?

If so, I'm with Xara on this one: I'd give you NO service either. The more "efficient" such agencies are, so much the worse for the rest of us!

:-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

George

I apologise on behalf of Xara if you have asked questions about the installation and purchase procedure and didn't get clear responses.

1) You do not need to un-install CorelXara2 to install Xara X. It is, however, advisable to un-install previous versions of Xara X when installing the CD version of Xara X.
    2) If you have the Xara X CDs you do not need to enter unlock codes or connect to our website or make any financial transactions. Each CD comes with a serial number which will need to be entered during installation.
    3) The upgrade CDs should behave just like the full CDs, except they will require the machine to have a copy of CorelXara2 or whatever previously installed.

It is better to make multiple purchases via a licence pack simply because it is cheaper, but you could do them as separate transactions.

The unlock procedure for the download trial is most easily done on the appropriate machine, but that is not necessary.
    If you gather all of the keycodes ( NOT unlock codes ) from the installations on the different machines, you can do all of the financial transactions and unlock code acquisitions on one machine. Log onto your Xara club website account, enter all of the keycodes and acquire all of the unlock codes. The keycodes for Xara X appear in the title of the purchase dialogue.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

ggeinec,

When Xara X was released, the company I work for had the beta copy of X I was using, 4 copies of CorelXara 2.0 to upgrade, and wanted to buy 7 more new copies of X. We purchased a custom multi-user pack from Xara (at an extremely good price I must say) and had none of the problems you describe. We asked for, and got, 12 sets of CDs. (which you will need to do, unless you can mount a set on a networked CD drive. this is so all users has access to the fonts, clipart, help/demo movies, etc.) The only "unlock" code needed is on the back of the CD case, which is called for at the initial install from the CD. (Remember to uninstall the DL version of X before installing the CD version.) The upgrade (to rel. 2.2, the "d" code) is downloadable for Xara's site. Once downloaded, it can be applied to any install.

Also, I still have CX2 installed, but haven't used it in months. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ric