Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mirror

I don't know if this was ever brought up but is there any tutorials that makes an image mirror itself or reflects.
    IP

I don't know if this was ever brought up but is there any tutorials that makes an image mirror itself or reflects.
    IP

Hiya Jay, welcome to the board.

That's a very easy thing to do Jay.
    First Duplicate your original image/photo layer by clicking on it, then pressing Ctrl+J (Cmd+J on a Mac).

Now under the EDIT menu, choose "Transform/Flip Vertically".

Depending on the type of surface the reflection is mirrored on, you may want to apply a little Gaussian Blur to this layer now.

And last... on the upside down image layer, turn the Opacity down somewhat. Try something between 35 & 50%. You can press the numbers keys on the right side of your keyboard to lower a layer's Opacity. Try it... press the number 5 key to set the layer's Opacity to 50%. If you press 2 keys in a row, fairly quickly, you can change it to other numbers, like 55% or 63%. Try it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]>

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on September 21, 2002 at 01:52.]
    IP

Here's a link with some stuff on reflections;

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/peteback.html

It contains 3 interesting tutorials;

Creating Basic Reflections
    Reflections on Reflections, Part 1
    Reflections on Reflections, Part 2
    IP

Mark what you gave me wasn't exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the tip though.

Gaussian that site you sent was somewhat i was looking for. i tried to do those tutorials but they were vague a bit.
    IP