Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am new to this 3D graphics stuff so please be patient. I have a logo that I want to add 3D effects to. The logo is in .jpg format created with the new Photoshop CS. I purchased Xara3D to add the rotating effects but can not import the file. Do I need another program to convert this file? I tried a file converter program but did not work (.jpg to .wmf). Any simple answers to my problem or do I have to buy more software?
    Thanks a ton...

I am new to this 3D graphics stuff so please be patient. I have a logo that I want to add 3D effects to. The logo is in .jpg format created with the new Photoshop CS. I purchased Xara3D to add the rotating effects but can not import the file. Do I need another program to convert this file? I tried a file converter program but did not work (.jpg to .wmf). Any simple answers to my problem or do I have to buy more software?
    Thanks a ton...

Hi,

You can't import bitmaps in the fashion you've described. What you can do is import shapes, and animate them. You can't animate a picture.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi Develonet,

Welcome to the forum. Depending on the logo and how you want to animate it, there are several answers to your question. If you simply want the logo on a shape and have the shape animate, then use one of the button shapes and use the bitmap (jpg) as a texture.

If you want to animate elements of the logo, then you would need to use a vector program to draw the logo using vector objects. XaraX is my favorite program, but Xara Webster is included on the Xara3D CD when it arrives.

If you can post an example of the logo and explain how you would like to animate it. We can answer your question more thoroughly.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Develonet,

Welcome to talkgraphics. Did you get a copy of adobe illustrator with your PS? That can be used to create vector objects. I have never tried to get something out of Illustrator and into xara 3D. Will have to see what formats are compatible.

bitmap images are just a filled square(rectangle) to a computer. Vector images are fancy connect the dots, that a computer can recognize the outline of a shape. When you import a .jpg all you see is the square (rectangle). When you import a vector object you see the outline of the object.

When you say you purchased Xara 3D I'm assuming you have downloaded the software from Xara, when your CD gets there you will have a great little package called Webster 2 that will allow tou to create vector art that can be used in X3D. And it's FREE http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif.

Art

Thanks everyone for the help on this.
    Kirk