Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Im confused by this. I am doing a website that uses frames and when I was at the clients the other day, I noticed that he had a frame border on the pages (IE 5.5 on win). When we look at the site with netscape, there is no border on any of the pages. BUT THEN, if you look at the site on a mac...it is completely the opposite, IE 5 does not show any borders and netscape does. But the really weird thing is that border only appears on the second frameset thingy you click on. Ie. the first button you clik on loads a frameset and the border is not visable, but the next button you click on results in frames with borders.

So something must be wrong with my frameset or frames. I dont know. Man o man I wish homesite worked on a mac. That program lets you know exactly what attributes you can assign to tags. Both Dreamweaver and GoLive are saying everything is OK.

here is the url

www.canadianhay.com

confused in Calgary,

Beth
    IP

Im confused by this. I am doing a website that uses frames and when I was at the clients the other day, I noticed that he had a frame border on the pages (IE 5.5 on win). When we look at the site with netscape, there is no border on any of the pages. BUT THEN, if you look at the site on a mac...it is completely the opposite, IE 5 does not show any borders and netscape does. But the really weird thing is that border only appears on the second frameset thingy you click on. Ie. the first button you clik on loads a frameset and the border is not visable, but the next button you click on results in frames with borders.

So something must be wrong with my frameset or frames. I dont know. Man o man I wish homesite worked on a mac. That program lets you know exactly what attributes you can assign to tags. Both Dreamweaver and GoLive are saying everything is OK.

here is the url

www.canadianhay.com

confused in Calgary,

Beth
    IP

Hi Beth ...

Oh the joys of frames, eh?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The situation is that IE and Netscape have different needs re: frame borders, and they need to be addressed individually.

So. Your frameset should look like this :
    And your frames should look like this :

Good luck!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP