For $100 US, NOF MX is an excellent program. I did not use it enough to learn all it's features. I still have it on my QuickLaunch bar, and the next website I build I will build with both Dreamweaver and NOF MX, so that I can learn it's strengths and limitations compared to DW.

I learned Dreamweaver as my first WYSIWYG editor. DW is the cream of the crop, and easy to use once you learn it. There was little that I wanted to do with it, that I could not, or had to bypass and hand code to get the effect I wanted. Dreamweaver is really deep with features, while NOF MX is more basic. You will be surprised what NOF MX can do for the price, and it's interface is really unique and easy to use.

Even if you use a WYSIWYG editor, hand coding knowledge and experience gives you the opportunity to make the website do exactly what you want it to do, so I recommend you learn the basics of HTML and Javascript, for greater control over your sites.

I think NOF MX is probably faster to build sites with overall. I liked it immediately, and found it to be easy to learn, and really fun to use.
I built an example site less than 2 hours, something I would not have been able to do with DW right out of the box. I've tried a few other WYSIWYG editors in the past, and NOF beats them by a mile. For $100, it's a real bargain. I felt frustrated when it lacked a feature that DW had, but if you have nothing to compare it with, you probably won't notice, or even miss the features I needed. DW spoiled me.

If you can afford DW (I got mine off EBay for a greatly reduced price, about $190), you won't be disappointed. But if you can do without all the advanced features DW has, NOF MX can do quite a lot without ever hand coding. You can build some very good sites with NOF MX, as Gary P.'s sites demonstrate.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
- Lewis Carroll