Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Tutorial?

Has anyone actually looked at the April Tutorial?

With one or two exceptions, I have not received any feedback from the tutorial. Normally I get a bunch of messages the first week the tutorial is posted.

Makes me feel like I'm working in a vacuum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

Has anyone actually looked at the April Tutorial?

With one or two exceptions, I have not received any feedback from the tutorial. Normally I get a bunch of messages the first week the tutorial is posted.

Makes me feel like I'm working in a vacuum [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

I've just read the tutorial - the effects you produce are quite stunning. I'm still a XaraX novice - but I think it is the simplicity and elegance of the way Xara works, that sets it above the rest of the pack.

I could not attempt to produce something like Gel using other products, but Xara makes it so easy ... ( well, I'm going to give it a try!)

Hi Gary,

The tutorial is GREAT!!! I worked through it on Saturday evening, after reading your April in the Xone post. The elliptical transparency on the bottom of the gel button was something not mentioned in the Gel threads. It works very well.

Thanks for all the great tutorials.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Gary, I've looked at the tutorial but haven't had a chance yet to work through it, hence no feedback from me. Thanks for all your hard work.

joroho
    Wise men still seek Him.

My PC is down since friday - had to wait today to look at it - as usual GREAT WORK !!!

I seriously have to convice my school board to drop C**** D*** and switch to Xara X...

Thanks Gary for providing the tutorials, from you or from others, they are a great help...

Dan Fournier
    Ottawa-Canada
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Gary,

I worked through your April tutorial on Sunday evening - very clear steps and lots of subtle and very effective details. I love it.

Now I'm still struggling with gel text; so far I have got a fairly convincing letter a, but its going to take some time to work up a whole alphabet... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brian

If you don't visit this Forum daily, and work at least continuously with Xara, it is difficult to follow the different threads.

I will try out the tutorial as it is important, but, as I have very little time nowadays, it'll mean that I won't be able to follow the Forum. This is really incredible. Never seen a forum like this.

And, by the way: Gary, you are not working in a vacuum. Like my grandmother always said: when everyone is silent whilst eating, the cook is happy because they like the meal. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And, by the way: Gary, you are not working in a vacuum. Like my grandmother always said: when everyone is silent whilst eating, the cook is happy because they like the meal. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but the cook can watch them eat. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

Of course! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I've been following your site ever since it was hosted on corelnet.net, and had tutorials for CorelDRAW!

Anyway, I saw your tutorial on the first, and got a bit of an idea after playing around with the new gel buttons. It does involve a bit of geek humour, so not everyone will get it...

I've posted it at my website. http://lothaekor.d2g.com/Images/allyourmatrix.jpg

Unfortunately, the image is being hosted on my own machine, so it may not be accessable at all times in the day.

<lurk mode on...at least till I get some more time>

Lothaekor