Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bruce

Both of the operations you describe should work in Xara X.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

XaraXone TIP(s) of the Week

Here you'll find that Xara X and your wheel mouse can do a few things you never dreamed of.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

... select an object with an outline, click in the line width field on the standard toolbar and roll the wheel. "It's Alive"

Wayne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

So why does my mouse wheel not work in Xara X ?
    I works fine in the browser IE or netscape. And I think it works ok in some other programs. Am I doing soemthing wrong ? I have a Logitech mouse -M/N M-S48a I am running win98. Raffon mentioned new drivers. Maybe I need new drivers for the mouse ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I am deeply suspicious of the whizzy new features in XX. So much so that I still work a lot in X2.

The smaller the better because small = faster, less crashes, and I hardly ever use the whizzy effects. Which is not to say that X shouldnt blow the pants off just about every other graphics program (its getting there fast) - but I like to use the minimum toolset - pen, blends, interactive trans and fills; and do it with my mouse or preferably a wacom pen. FAST

To paraphrase Gary in another thread.. "size does matter.. its easier for a small carrot to fit through the eye of a needle than it is for allah to blend between two words in freudhand.." or something like that

metaphors mixed as ever,
    Q.

OK, I feel kind of dumb now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    I went to http://www.logitech.com
    I loaded that latest mouseware , installed and rebooted the computer, started up Xara X and now it is wheeling all over the place. I should have posted this question long ago. Well it is working now. Thanks raffon.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I'd never even tried using the wheel on my mouse. The one on the top of my mouse, I mean. I didn't know it did anything...

Is it somewhere under that little rubber bump between the buttons? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ~Dave!~