Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello to all interested in using xara to do some title work in video, particularly Adobe Premiere 1.5 and greater. Premiere now has the ability to work directly from a vector image for titlework. There are several issues with video/adobe/xara when it comes to layout. Basically the sizing is diffrent between all 3. Xara works on 96DPI, AI works on 72 DPI and Premiere converts 72DPI AI to bitmap at a .9 ratio.

To make a very long and boring story short. Laying out title work can be a real pain. I have worked out the bugs and developed a template where all you need to do, is drop your title work in the template, save it as an AI and then import that directly into Premiere. then tell premire that it is a .9 aspect ratio video clip and it is sized perfectly.

Any question and I will try to answer them. I have blundered my way through many points, so I just might help some of you if you need it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello to all interested in using xara to do some title work in video, particularly Adobe Premiere 1.5 and greater. Premiere now has the ability to work directly from a vector image for titlework. There are several issues with video/adobe/xara when it comes to layout. Basically the sizing is diffrent between all 3. Xara works on 96DPI, AI works on 72 DPI and Premiere converts 72DPI AI to bitmap at a .9 ratio.

To make a very long and boring story short. Laying out title work can be a real pain. I have worked out the bugs and developed a template where all you need to do, is drop your title work in the template, save it as an AI and then import that directly into Premiere. then tell premire that it is a .9 aspect ratio video clip and it is sized perfectly.

Any question and I will try to answer them. I have blundered my way through many points, so I just might help some of you if you need it.

Here is a very short (5 second real small 160X120 low quality) example of the template in use...

See pretty video...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a very short (5 second VCD quality) of the template in action.

See pretty video... rabenlogo

Cheers John,
    I don't use video editing, but the 96 ppi / 72 ppi is a pain in the butt.
    I have a template for working with Flash. If you open the options menu and set Scaling as per attachment, your ai files will be the same size as shown in XaraX.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	377 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	8295  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi John,

I have been using Xara (since V1.5) for video in Premiere and After Effects for a while years now. I just create a 720 x 480 pixels box in Xara when working in NTSC output mode (export at 96 dpi for drafts and 300 dpi for final plates) and let After Effects resize it using the "interpret fottage as:" option. Xara's transparent PNG work well for creating masks in addition for plates.

See this thread: http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...753#7631991753

Since this thread, I have used it exclusively for a dozen projects without any issues. BTW: colors do not shift and colors go back and forth without issue.

Flash is pickier so the other solution talks to this a lot better. I think that if you do not want mess with 96 dpi/72 xyz, you can export the box from xara at different sizes since you know that the NTSC aspect ratio is 0.9. Adobe's helpf for After Effects offers a good roundup of aspect ratio for differnet output types:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/322300.html

Hope this helps.

Milt

Hi Milt,

I had no problem using xara and green/blue screen with eairlier versions. It is just so nice to have a vector input into premiere. No fuzzy edges, cleaner type. premiere will not read .xar so I have to use AI. I use the template to scale things properly from xar=>AI=>avi Save it as .ia import it into premiere and no worrys about the shades of blue or green.

You still have to interpret footage, in premiere, but you can use .9 Aspect ratio as easy as snot and have everything fit, even the 10 and 20% buffer areas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Milton Lau:
    Hi John,

I have been using Xara (since V1.5) for video in Premiere and After Effects for a while years now. I just create a 720 x 480 pixels box in Xara when working in NTSC output mode (export at 96 dpi ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually regular t.v. is 4:3 aspect ratio i.e. 640 x 480. However outputting for NTSC DV you would certainly export at 720 x 480 from your video app for creating a DVD, but 720 x 480 is not a 4:3 aspect ratio like your tv screen so you should actually create your template as 720 x 540 in Xara then resize the exported bitmap to 720 x 480 for including in your video editing app, and when it get's output to TV, your graphic get's re-squished back up to a 4:3 aspect ratio and will look more correct.

s.g.