Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Colors

IS there some kind of international color setting so I know that all my colors on my monitor look like everyone elses monitor?
    IP

IS there some kind of international color setting so I know that all my colors on my monitor look like everyone elses monitor?
    IP

There are slight differences in Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape, but that can be overcome with the use of web safe colors.

Here's a site with a thorough discussion of web safe colors -- http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/...fe_colors.html.

The author, by the way, is Gary Priester, who authored the Xara X tutorial I referenced in my earlier reply to one of your other questions.

Do a search at www.google.com for a lot more references to web safe colors.

Bob
    IP

Because standards for PCs and Macintosh computers are difference and because individual settings and monitor aging affect the color one sees on the screen, there's no way to guarantee that what you see on your monitor will be the same hue or satural level of color another person sees.

In photoediting programs like Paint Shop Pro, there is a setting for monitor gamma, which gets you as close to a standard for the color as possible. But that's no guarantee the object will be seen on another monitor in the same shade of the color.

Bob
    IP