Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just thought i'd post this here in case anyone should want to know how to do this.

I made it up for another person on another board... so i thought, "what the heck"... so here it is.

It's not hard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	changing-eye-colour.gif 
Views:	246 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	12163  
    IP

Just thought i'd post this here in case anyone should want to know how to do this.

I made it up for another person on another board... so i thought, "what the heck"... so here it is.

It's not hard. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

As usual, you make it a piece of cake wher others need books and books to explain and obtain the same results. Thanks. I'm just working my way through the blending modes and this is one more practical example of their power.

Just a question: as the pupil is black, and the highlight is white (or very light), couldn't we get them back with the blending sliders?
    IP

Thanks Erik, just another example too of how easy things are when you know what Photoshop's capable of. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Yes, you could use the layer options to some degree. But you would never be able to get both white and black back to an equal level.

My thoughts are always that... try to do as much as you can, and use as few tools as possible. So in other words, i'd try to take the simplest, shortest method to reach the end results. And in this case, if redeye obscures the pupils so much that you can no longer see them, just paint them back in - you can't use a filter to get back what isn't there anymore, right? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I hardly ever see a case of redeye though that will totally distroy a person's pupils, as well as the iris. So this isn't really a concern.

PS: YES!... the blend modes are the backbone of Photoshop's power if you ask me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP