Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for your reply again, Egg - Yes, I apparently had installed the plugin from the CD because I have the .xar and .web file extensions listed in the Import file window.

Soquili - The image I created in Webster 2D was saved with a .web file extension but it is not recognized by X3D.

I searched the help files of both programs and made sure I was naming the file properly. I appreciate all the help I'm getting, even if it hasn't worked yet. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hello again Inchworm,

It's been awhile since I had Webster installed. So I can't experiment at this time. Do you get an error message when trying to import the .web file?
    I seem to remember getting an error the first time I attempted to import a .web file. If memory serves me correctly, I un-installed Xara3D and then re-installed. I had been using X3D for several weeks before installing Webster. It may have been that the re-install recognized the Webster registry entries and allowed the import.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the suggestion, Soquili, I'll try that.

Maybe there's a clue here:

I had downloaded the trial version of X3D 5 and then ordered the CD. When it came I installed both X3D 5 and Webster 2 from the CD. I used X3D for a few days before trying Webster and realizing the programs wouldn't work together. As I said in my initial post, X3D has other problems too---it can't open its own sample animation files. And I've talked to a friend who has experienced the same problem, so it's not just a bad installation. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif