Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whatever..

0 0%

When I first began using Xara 1.5 I would type out
    a word..enlarge it a bit..then grey over it with cursor..click on font tool and then choose font style from list. That takes too much time and the word stays greyed out unless you click on desktop and then you can see the new font style.
    In X all I do is type out word..click with cursor and drag it..right click making duplicate...go back and eliminate the first one...then click on duplicate..go to font tool..(no need to grey out)and choose font style from list. Click with cursor and drag..right click..now you have two with same style..click on the word..go to font tool..choose another style from list...you can make a list of the word in different styles in order to make final choice. Am I saying something that everyone already knows? Sorry,I never read info in Help or any where that it can be done in that way. Sorry...Xara dummy, ya know!

Have a good one-B.Cleg :

When I first began using Xara 1.5 I would type out
    a word..enlarge it a bit..then grey over it with cursor..click on font tool and then choose font style from list. That takes too much time and the word stays greyed out unless you click on desktop and then you can see the new font style.
    In X all I do is type out word..click with cursor and drag it..right click making duplicate...go back and eliminate the first one...then click on duplicate..go to font tool..(no need to grey out)and choose font style from list. Click with cursor and drag..right click..now you have two with same style..click on the word..go to font tool..choose another style from list...you can make a list of the word in different styles in order to make final choice. Am I saying something that everyone already knows? Sorry,I never read info in Help or any where that it can be done in that way. Sorry...Xara dummy, ya know!

Have a good one-B.Cleg :

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Bill - I sometimes use a similar tactic for comparing fonts. I'll type out the whole alphabet in upper and lower case and then do the same thing you do. I tend to use the fonts gallery rather than the pulldown list. The font gallery is so much more visual it makes the job of finding the perfect font easier for me.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross, thanks for reply. Yes, I use the method that you mentioned..Font Gallery etc. What I didn't seem to make clear was that the method I described allows you to postion the said text within the design, giving it's color etc. This allows you to very quickly see the effect of the style of font
    within said design.For example, draw rectangle,give a color, now type the word fonts right in the center, give it a nice viewing size; give the text a color; now left click if..hold and drag a short distance; right click to duplicate; erase the original; click on the new and click the font tool; go to list and choose different styles. You can see fast what the style looks like within the rectangle. And there's no dialog box cluttering up the view. The Font Gallery is fine
    but you still have to highlight in order to drag/drop the new one. Then you have to click
    mouse in order to see color etc.
    I just thought it was an all around more comfortable way of fonting it.

regards-Bil :

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on June 04, 2001 at 21:26.]

If I understand correctly, you can achieve the same thing without duplicating the text. Simply select it, click the Text tool and press Esc to apply effects to all the text.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

You guys make it sound so complicated!
    Select the font(Apply your colours etc) and just double click the required font in the font gallery.If you don't like that font double click on another.
    I hope thats what you are trying to achive.