Paul

Yep, creating PDFs from Xara is a problem, it's complex effects do not translate well to PDF format.

The results may be large, but if sending proofs you are probably better off sending CMYK or colour adjusted RGB TIFF files, compressed or zipped as small as you can get. Obviously the images cannot be freely edited, so this is still a major hurdle.

I think the problems stem from the fact that although the underlying structure of Xara's objects are vectors, the results on screen and sent to a printer are rendered as bitmaps, which is what Distiller is attempting to turn into a PDF.

I really don't think it is possible to export a majority of Xara's effects to any vector format and successfully import and edit it another vector package, the other packages simply do not have the rendering power of Xara.

If the Ad agency is impressed with type of work you are doing and want to do business, might it not be in their interest to at least have a copy of Xara X on the premises (hopefully they are not solely Mac based), I mean the cost of Xara X could hardly add up to more than a business lunch [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt