Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Advice.

Some friends of mine got married the other day,they got married in Medieval style clothing {dont ask [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] } so I thought I would jazz my Castle up a bit and super impose them in the image.I have done quite a bit of work on it using PS and I was wondering if you guys can tell me what it needs etc,I know the color of the castle is crap and it still needs some tweaking yet,but can you tell me if it looks kinda realistic yet {minus more modelling} realistic,ie color etc.It will have a bit of blur through it also in the end pic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also do soft focus lenses blur from the inner at a more extreme blur and reduce as they reach the outer ?,or is the whole lense kinda blurred in the beginning?...I hope that makes sense [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle-copy.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	14219  

Some friends of mine got married the other day,they got married in Medieval style clothing {dont ask [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] } so I thought I would jazz my Castle up a bit and super impose them in the image.I have done quite a bit of work on it using PS and I was wondering if you guys can tell me what it needs etc,I know the color of the castle is crap and it still needs some tweaking yet,but can you tell me if it looks kinda realistic yet {minus more modelling} realistic,ie color etc.It will have a bit of blur through it also in the end pic [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also do soft focus lenses blur from the inner at a more extreme blur and reduce as they reach the outer ?,or is the whole lense kinda blurred in the beginning?...I hope that makes sense [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

I would try changing the perspective. In my opinion the image look a bit flat and lifeless at the moment.

Also I think there is too much water [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] (You could almost guess I would say that, couldn't you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) I would put more ground in the image, putting the castle on the ground too (use those great rocks you used in your submarine image).

Change the texture of the walls, something that looks like it is composited of stones. Now it looks like unpolished copper. Also I would say that real castles are more "greyish" than "brownish"

Then you could put some kind of background to the castle too. Distant mountains etc. Some buildings behind the wall wouldn't hurt either (I guess it is meant to surround something that is worth protecting)

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Hey Stu I would like to see this when you are through.

I agree with changing the camera angle, I am not a big fan of straight on shots. I am ok with the color of the stone, but the lighting seems to me a little flat, maybe change the angle of the lighting alittle.

Good luck.

--Randy

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Paul I will be more than happy to chuck the water.

Gotta go the news is on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

back shortly

Why I bother watching the news I dont know [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I cant really go with a different perspective because most wedding photos are a flat perspective,ie straight on.But bye bye water sounds great to me,and I might do a little more modelling as well.Hopefully I can keep the sky I made,it took an hour and a half to tweak like that from an image of a sunny day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ...I lost count of the amount of gradients and masks I used [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I wanted the wall to be higher than anything within it {back wall} that is.

Mountains are a good idea [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ok back to the workshop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

[kiwi] I cant really go with a different perspective because most wedding photos are a flat perspective [/kiwi].

I don't understand that thought. I don't see any reason why a straight-on portait shot can't be superimposed on a perspectivized view of the castle. Perhaps the camera height of the perspective should match that of the photo - I'm not even sure that's so important. My advice: Try it and see.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Stu...

I agree with Ross.

Also...
    Why not try zooming in real close to the castle, and put them standing on one of the walkways there? You can even make it so we're only seeing them from the waiste up or so - because the wall is in front and the camera is positioned outside of the wall; not within the walkway.
    Get that? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Tilt the camera so you can still see a lot of the castle behind them.

Ya ok points well taken [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ...I will do some more modelling and try a perspective.

Mark if I zoom in that far you wont even be able to make it out as a castle anymore [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .........on A walkway you are winding me up arnt ya?

What I should really be doing is waiting and seeing if they have any decent shots,and then light the castle to match the lighting on the people in the photos before I do anything else.

Ok off to do some modelling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Ok now I got you Mark [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ...You mean like this only with the people standing on yet another walkway which cant be seen,or cant be seen in its entirety {sp} with their images being seen from the waist up,right?

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Castle.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	9791