Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok when i draw something on the computer i ussually just make it in flash because it rounds the lines when u use the pencil and then i save it send it over to ps and burn it...

Here's the question is there ne way to do the same thing in photoshop it does in flash to make it round lines? And is there ne way to make it so lines do not lok kolor and do not create a new layer?

I do not have a signature do to personal beliefs
    IP

Ok when i draw something on the computer i ussually just make it in flash because it rounds the lines when u use the pencil and then i save it send it over to ps and burn it...

Here's the question is there ne way to do the same thing in photoshop it does in flash to make it round lines? And is there ne way to make it so lines do not lok kolor and do not create a new layer?

IP

Hi Pez...

Pez are you talking about the 'buttends' of the line being made rounded, instead of square?

Please elaborate on this, and i'll try to explain further. It IS possible, but i'd like to be sure this is what you're after.

Can you give us an idea of what exactly it is you're creating, or trying to create?

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

Ok well this is what im tryin to say.... If i were to draw a line with the paintbrush and obviously it would be jaggy is there ne way i could make it straight and rounded such as it would look in a cartoon....

IP

Just use the Line Tool Pez_Man.
    That's the simplest way.

The short-cut key is U. If you don't see it in the Toolbar, then hold the Shift key down and press the U key repeatedly until you see it.
    In PS5+ and earlier, the settings for the tool are found in the Options Palette for it.
    In PS6/7 the controls are found in the Options Strip along the top of your screen.

Alternate method: for rounded ends...
    > Grab the Paintbrush tool and choose a brush size from the Brush palette;
    > then switch to a Foreground colour you want;
    > press and hold down the SHIFT key;
    > click the tool where you want the start of the line to be;
    > then click once at the point where you want the line to end.

Holding the Shift key down forces the tool to conform to either straight lines, or perfect 45 degree angles. And your lines can be on varying angles... they don't have to be perfectly flat or straight up'n'down. If you want them to be though, then simply click, hold, and drag the tool to create your line -- keep the Shift key pressed though while you drag the tool. Then release it when you're done.

Here's the method i think you should use: it's the most versitile...
    The other method to get rounded ends on your lines involves using the Pen tool to create a Path in the shape of the line you want drawn. Then you Stroke the Path with a specific brush, set to a specific size -- just like when you choose a pencil width in Flash.

Here's something to read that will help you understand Paths Pez: http://photoshopgurus.info/beginners...n-tools5.shtml

Hope that helps.

To find even more info on these subjects, check the program's Help Files. Do a search using the keywords.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

[This message was edited by Mark (theKeeper) on August 02, 2002 at 15:05.]
    IP

Thanx so much mark you have no idea how helpful that is... now on to my next question.... heh....

is their ne way i can fill inbetween the lines? such as it would in paint.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

IP

Hi Pez... sorry, but i've been away on holidays.

I'm not sure i get what you're thinking of concerning "fill in between the lines" Pez... can you elaborate on that a little?

Do you mean perhaps how to colour them?

IP