Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How cany you make a greater-than-but-equal-to or less-than-but-equal-to-symbol from a standard font set?

My old way: type the greater-than symbol and then draw a line under it. Works until you add text or change margins, or change the font size.

My new way: type the greater-than symbol, then the underscore symbol and make it bold, then position cursor in front of the underscore, go to the Text Info bar and click of the left arrow just to the side of the KERNING box. This creates a negative kern space. Keep clicking until the underscore is properly positioned. Now, if you scale the text, the underscore still remains in the correct place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GreaterThan.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	5834  

How cany you make a greater-than-but-equal-to or less-than-but-equal-to-symbol from a standard font set?

My old way: type the greater-than symbol and then draw a line under it. Works until you add text or change margins, or change the font size.

My new way: type the greater-than symbol, then the underscore symbol and make it bold, then position cursor in front of the underscore, go to the Text Info bar and click of the left arrow just to the side of the KERNING box. This creates a negative kern space. Keep clicking until the underscore is properly positioned. Now, if you scale the text, the underscore still remains in the correct place.

Now that is something I haven't thought of. Will work great with single characters. Words will still be a problem tho... Thanks John http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I suppose Xara does not support unicode, only ASCII, so a greater than-equal signs pose a challenge http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hey availor,

Can you post a link to a page with some hebrew written properly? Have you ever tried marking and copying the text into your page? Here are some unicode characters that I copied froma web page into xara...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the .xar file...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good threads...however, how do I copy pre-existing (written) Hebrew text from Word into Xara. Someone wroite some Hebrew in Word, then I tried copying and pasting and it give me garbage.

I downloaded hebrew fonts, and set all the alnguague setting options in WIndows XP to Hebrew and nothing. Any ideas on how I can transfer painless?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hebrew.gif 
Views:	687 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	10216  

Copy and paste from the Windows Character Set also works.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

That is the problem...I don't know what characters to pick and if the text has already been written, why can't we just "transfer" it over?

Milt

Milton, You can save a file in word as an HTML, then open that page in a browser and copy and paste from there... It works, I tried it! I did a google search for hebrew, when i seen something in non-normal(to me) text I copied and pasted it into xara... See attached.

Disclaimer... I have no idea what it says, I do not speak Hebrew, so I apoligise if I just insulted you wife, your daughter or your goat. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files