Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have adjusted the colour and bevel sizes, so if you select the 'citrcuitic' text within the text editor window, adjust the base line shift to about 50, you should get an idea of whats happening. TIP: Always select the object you wish to adjust using the shift-arrows in the cursor tool, otherwise colour changes, bevels etc will be changed universally.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I really had some trouble with this graphic and Ive been trying to figure it out on my own for 2-3 months now, I cant tell you how much I appriciate all of everyones help!

[This message was edited by JenniferLyn on October 23, 2003 at 08:24.]

Well, Im back..to my own disapointment.
    Im having a little more trouble with the graphic...getting it finalized..
    The text and graphic are staticy and the graphic changes position upon rotation.
    http://www.geocities.com/mailgin

the fruit and the embedded text are the same extrusion size, simply reduce the extrusion on the fruit. This will allow the text (and caduceus) to stand out properly.

The difference in position of the shapes between the two pages I am less sure how to easily fix/explain, but as an alternative approach I tried a method that uses two pairs of identically sized fruit-shapes, each pair being mirror twins. One pair is solid, the other pair have text or caduceus shapes subtracted from them. This results in the text and caduceus "etched" into the fruit, as shown. The solid shapes are black and hidden inside the etched shapes, and are one extrusion value smaller, to highlight the etch.

The advantage is that lining everything up in Xara3D is a doddle, because all the objects are the same size and shape, so simply setting the line size to zero automatically centres everything.

I'll post a graphical explanation once I've put it together. Egg is a hard act to follow http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Mike

http://www.simsmj.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/engine.gif
    Just chugging away...
    Mike Sims
    Attached Images Attached Images  

to play about with.

Mike

Just chugging away...
    Mike Sims
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike,
    I think your work around is the best solution. I think the vertical jump is being created due to reducing the text size to fit. The complete file for both animations have different text sizes, thus the vertical jump.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Your solution, Mike, is ideal and impressive. It even looks better than what I was originaly going for. But I dont understand how to "delete objects" or "etch." I just fooled aroung with it for the better part of an hour and I failed. I tried using the plain grapefruit graphic and keeping it solid..then I put the text in there and used the extrusion box to make the text hollow.....or outlined...but I think Im not getting any closer to this "etching" that you did and I cant seem to figure it out with the file you gave me either..???

the following graphic should hopefully make it clear. The etching etc are done in XaraX, not Xara3D. You are using one shape to knock out a hole in another shape. I believe you should be able to do exactly the same thing in Webster.

Mike

Just chugging away...
    Mike Sims
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tutorial.gif 
Views:	417 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	2764  

Thanks for teaching me how to walk. I enjoyed the frustrating experience it is always nice to know something new.

Jennifer

As a matter of interest, why do you use .wmf for export. Why not use .xar?

Egg

Jennifer.

No problem. Everyone has to learn programs from scratch, and the forums can cut out a lot of the frustration caused by working alone.

Egg
    Egg