Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well, sinse im a rookie in this I have to ask sometimes very easy/silly questions.

What is the best way to change the background of a photo? When the background is green of some other solid color its easy to use the Magic want tool but what about when the original background is bussy and full of differents objects,?

thanks for ur help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Manny
    IP

Well, sinse im a rookie in this I have to ask sometimes very easy/silly questions.

What is the best way to change the background of a photo? When the background is green of some other solid color its easy to use the Magic want tool but what about when the original background is bussy and full of differents objects,?

thanks for ur help [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Manny
    IP

Hi Manny...

That kind of editing requires specific use of the selection tools.

This can be done in a few different ways, but the most common are using the Polygon Lasso tool to create a very exact selection around the people in the photo... or using the Path tools to do the same.

Both of the above selections can be saved using the "Save Selection..." command under the main SELECT menu.

Once the selection is created, you can add a Layer Mask to the layer to hide everything but the selected area, or invert the selection and press the delete key to remove everything from the photo that's outside of the selected area -- which is what is usually done.

There is some info on using the selection tools and the Path tools here: http://photoshopgurus.info/beginners...amentals.shtml

Hope that helps.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

I always have very good results by using a layer mask because it gives me all the freedom I want. If you try to learn how layer masks work, you will discover one of the true beauties of Photoshop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP